Chapter XLVII - Low Profile

"Normal Speech."

'Normal Thought.'

"Demon Speech."

'Demon Thought.'

"Other Speech variants."

Location/Time.

-X- Line Break -X-

1st May, 04:45.

New Jersey,

Gotham City,

Arkham Asylum.

Entering into a small open chamber with numerous large pipes disappearing into the floor, Naruto, Crystal and George looked around to see that they were the first ones here. Moving forwards to the centre were there was a large opening in the floor, with criss-crossing bars across it.

"Well, looks we're the first ones here." George pointed out.

Crouching down, Naruto pulled at the bars and managed to lift his side up slightly. Even so, his muscles strained and with a grunt, Naruto let the bars drop down with a loud thud.

Stumbling back, Naruto dropped to his knees breathing heavily. "Those bars are heavier than I thought they would be." He muttered and that's when they heard movement in the pipes.

A small hatch opened up and out stepped Eric Needelham dressed as chef. "I'm surprised you didn't get here sooner." Frost said and Eric ignored her instead moving to look down at the bars and then at Naruto.

"How heavy are they?"

"Heavy." Naruto answered. "It'll take a lot of strength to lift them up, probably the whole team to lift this up." Nodding his head, Eric gripped the bars and tried himself only him to barely make them budge.

"You're right. Let us all try." He suggested though it came out as more of an order.

As Killer Frost and Harkness moved over, Naruto had an idea. "Wait." He then looked at Frost. "Freeze it."

"For you, lover boy." She smirked and leaned down, resting both hands on the bars lightly. "Anything." Out from her hands, ice rushed forth covering the entirety of the beams in a thick, blue hue and then, she rose to her feet while checking her nails. Making such great power seem effortless and almost boring in its nature.

Shaking his head at just how dangerous her power could be, Naruto raised one foot and stomped on the bars and they shattered in a shower of ice. Each of the fragments splashing into the water below.

The sound of a door opening had them turn to see Floyd and Harley walking towards them.

"You're late." Eric said shortly causing Floyd's frown to deepen.

"We ran into her ex." Coming to a stop he looked down to see that there was no sign of King Shark. "Where is he, he was meant to be here by now?"

Naruto remained silent, having moved to sit against one of the pipes as they waited patiently for King Shark to arrive. That was until he picked up on the sound of footsteps and he looked to Frost who was stood nearby.

"We've got company." He told her and she looked at him curiously.

"How many?"

"Just one." He answered before rising to his feet. Moving quickly he headed towards the entrance and stood by the wall. The rest were too busy arguing amongst themselves, with Floyd trying to act as a mediator. Harley and George both getting on Eric's last nerves and so his movements were ignored.