Chapter XIV - End of Black Mask Part 3

"Normal Speech."

'Normal Thought.'

"Demon Speech."

'Demon Thought.'

"Other Speech variants."

Location/Time.

-X- Line Break -X-

"Give up, kid." Deadshot moved forward, his modified assault rifle aimed at Naruto's head. "You're done." Instead, Naruto shakily rose to his feet and presented one hand to show that dangling from one hand was a pin.

Deadshot's eyes widened in shock and moved back to put some distance between him and Naruto, at the same time the blonde leaped forwards after him. That's when the grenade exploded, the tower of boxes that had broken Naruto's fall exploding outwards sending large spikes of wood out, piercing cars due to the sheer force behind them.

By some miracle, none of the large pieces of wood struck Naruto or Deadshot as they were only peppered with smaller fragments. However, Naruto was picked up, the explosive force of the grenade pushing him forwards quicker than he could actually move himself.

Just like he had planned.

Deadshot who had lifted one of his wrist-mounted guns to shoot at Naruto, was suddenly caught off-guard as Naruto closed the distance between them in a fraction of a second. One hand, slapping his wrist back down and Deadshot was left defenceless as Naruto slammed a powerful punch into his jaw.

Head whipping back, Deadshot went with the momentum and rolled across the ground, his modified gun skidding across the ground away from him.

Even then, Naruto was on him and threw a roundhouse kick that Deadshot only just managed to block in time. This left him exposed to the front kick that struck his chest and once again, he rolled across the ground to try and put some distance between him and Naruto. But just like before, Naruto was on him once more.

Scrambling to his feet, Deadshot parried a straight jab with his right hand and with his left, lined up his wrist-mouthed machine gun. Naruto on the other hand, had predicted this and gripped it with his free hand while swing his other hand round to slam and elbow into Deadshot's jaw.

As Deadshot stumbled away, Naruto moved after while simultaneously unsheathing one of his knives. He slashed them quickly through the air and to his annoyance, Deadshot managed to dodge his attacks easily enough.

In the midst of their confrontation, Naruto pulled out his second knife and came at Deadshot with increased ferociousness. Yet despite all that, Deadshot continued to weave in between his blows with ease, masterfully avoiding every strike with trained ease and occasionally parrying those blows that were getting a little too close for comfort.

As Naruto came down to stab Deadshot in the shoulder, the man in question rose one hand to grip his wrist, stopping it dead in its track. When Naruto went to stab into his opponents side, it was once again stopped when Deadshot clamped his other hand around Naruto's wrist leaving the blonde in quite an awkward position.

While Deadshot had his arms comfortably on either side of his body, Naruto on the other hand had his arms crossed over and so, unable to exert as much force.

Something Deadshot used of his advantage as he drew Naruto to him and head butted Naruto in the head.

Grunting, he stumbled temporarily dazed and Deadshot used this opportunity to finally open fire. A number of bullets embedded into Naruto's bulletproof vest and the force would have already knocked him on his backside, the fact that a a few bullets struck his legs only quickened the process.