Chapter XIII - End of Black Mask Part 2

"Normal Speech."

'Normal Thought.'

"Demon Speech."

'Demon Thought.'

"Other Speech variants."

Location/Time.

-X- Line Break -X-

"Oh fu-"

The grenade exploded and the guards screamed out in pain as their bodies were ripped apart. Blood and body parts flew across the room leaving a bloody mess as those guards above looked down in shock.

This cost them as Naruto, who had been prepared for such an explosion continued to fire at the guards who quickly found themselves numbering no more than four.

At this point though, Naruto had run out of bullets and ducked behind a car, slowly reloading as bullets colliding with the car he was hiding behind. Clicking his magazine into place, he quietly and stealthily manoeuvred to a different position and fired up at the guards once more.

This time he only managed to take out one guard before a bullet struck his shoulder and sent him falling to the ground. "Fuck!" Naruto cursed as he pulled out the bullet that was stuck into his bulletproof suit.

"Take Black Mask and leave." Naruto heard a man speak as the firing stopped. "I'll deal with the kid."

He didn't need to hear the confirmation as he saw through the car window as the guards rushed to another part of the warehouse. His eyes then landed on the figure who had spoke and saw a man wearing a red and black combat suit with a white mask covering his face. Attached to either arm was what looked to be guns with a heavily modified gun held in both hands.

The most catching feature though, was the circular, red lens covering his right eye.

That was the last thing he managed to see before the window exploded in a shower of broken glass due to the man firing at Naruto. Cursing once more, Naruto ducked behind cover and moved to the right side of the car and fired at where the man once stood.

"Ha! Nice one, kid!" The man exclaimed while easily moving out of the way of the bullets and firing back at Naruto.

'Fucking hell, this guys aim is insane!' Naruto thought in wonderment and a little bit of fear as he just barely avoided the bullets. Just as his opponents hail of bullets stopped, Naruto turned around and began fire up into the platform only for it to be empty.

It was only due to his senses screaming at him to move, that Naruto managed to dive and roll to a stop behind another car as it exploded in a shower of flames. Even then, it was not fast enough to avoid a bullet that skimmed his arm.

Realising that it was nothing more than a superficial wound, Naruto looked over the side of the car to try and find his opponent only to hear the sound of boots standing on a car. Turning to his right, he saw the man pointing his wrist-mounted guns at him and released a spray of bullets that Naruto narrowly avoided, while at the same time emptying the last of his clip over his shoulder at the man.

"You got some skills, kid!" The man congratulated as there was a small lull of peace in the short gunfight. "I can see why Black Mask has been struggling with you."

"Am I meant to take that as a compliment?" He called back, seeing this as an opportunity to stall for time, which he used to reload his M4 and listen out for any sign of where his opponent was. He had a vague idea, but it wasn't concrete which made Naruto uneasy. Whoever the guy was, he was skilled, extremely so, possibly better than Robin and definitely better than him.