Chapter XXXVI - Killer Croc

"Normal Speech."

'Normal Thought.'

"Demon Speech."

'Demon Thought.'

"Other Speech variants."

Location/Time.

-X- Line Break -X-

Thursday 23rd April, 17:00.

New Jersey,

Gotham City,

East End.

The next few days had been relatively peaceful for Naruto, albeit boring. Most of it consisted of Naruto just lounging at his apartment and letting his body heal while pretending that the conversation that had taken place two days prior had never happened.

It worked pretty well.

Sure, it was still boring. Before becoming Black Hood, Naruto had always enjoyed just lounging and resting in his apartment, preferably with Barbara. But that was his teenage hormones coming into play there. Now, all he wanted to do was go out and be Black Hood.

It was hard to believe that a few weeks ago, Naruto had considered retiring from the life as a vigilante, and now? All he wanted to do was go out and be Black Hood.

It would certainly make forgetting about Barbara easier.

They hadn't spoken to one another since and Naruto certainly wasn't going to reach out to her. The sting of the secret and the magnitude of said secret still hurt, even then he knew why she kept it secret and partly agreed with her. Despite all that though, it still didn't make him feel any better.

As a result, Naruto had just done what Barbara was doing and something they both did when presented with a problem they didn't nor couldn't face, ignored it all together. It wasn't healthy and was probably a reason for why Naruto was so miserable.

Jim definitely didn't help by trying to invite Naruto around for tea.

He understood that something had gone on between his godson and daughter. In his own way he was trying to help, he understood how important their friendship was for one another and was trying to help. But neither was willing to face the other, not while things were still awkward between them.

As a result, it left Naruto here alone and watching the news play out.

It was the only thing that interested him on TV anymore.

He had tried getting back into his old shows and even tried to catch up with some his favourite TV series' that had a few new episodes. However, he just couldn't find it within him to care about them anymore.

Whatever interest he had in them once, was gone and now Naruto found his days of resting and recuperation that much duller. The only thing of interest being the news and even then, that was both repetitive and dull. It was only when news presenter were talking about recent superhero and villain activity throughout the world that things actually got interesting.

Even then, it wasn't saying much.

Everyday news had declined once superheroes took to the stage and since then, all people cared about was what the heroes were doing. What villain they had faced? Who the heroes were? Were they a threat? Not to mention the various conspiracist theories that aired as well. They had been entertaining at first, but much like everything, it got repetitive.

Now the news had once again begun to start decline.

People still tuned in when heroes and villains fought to see clips of the fight mostly as well as to see what the effect of said fight was. Some, in the case of a Superman could be very destructive, even with the Man of a Steel attempting to mitigate damage.