Chapter X - Not Going Down Without A Fight

"Normal Speech."

'Normal Thought.'

"Demon Speech."

'Demon Thought.'

"Other Speech variants."

Location/Time.

-X- Line Break -X-

Friday 20th, March, 21:30.

New Jersey,

Gotham City,

East End.

Groaning with pain, Naruto collapsed down on the couch with a beer in one hand. He chuckled happily as he moved the cold beer and pressed it against the large bruise forming upon his chest.

"Well, you've officially outdone yourself now, Naruto." The blonde chuckled once more, shaking his head at the absurdity of tonight. "Failed to kill Black Mask and got into a fight with Robin himself." Leaning, back comfortably into the couch he looked at his hand. "Why does Batman want to speak to me? Don't tell me he's gonna try and convince me to join his little pose?"

Naruto clenched his fist tightly as the thought ran through his mind. He could actually consider joining it simply for those suits they wear and the training they must undergo. It would definitely help him in his task of clearing up Gotham City. But at the same time, putting the criminals in Arkham was only a half measure.

Killing them was permanent.

Once they were dead, they couldn't come back and reek havoc upon the city. They wouldn't put innocent people like Barbara in danger. So yea, his answer would be a definite no. Even if that meant having to go against Batman and his sidekicks, as well as the criminals of Gotham.

He would do so without hesitation because at the end of the day, he would do anything to protect those he cared about. Even if it meant declaring war against the entire world.

"Tch." He clicked his teeth in annoyance. "You couldn't just pick the easy life could you?" He asked himself. "But nooo, you had to go and make life difficult for yourself. Oh well, no use turning back now."

Leaning back, he rested his head on the back of the couch and stared up at the ceiling. "I wonder what you're doing now, Barbara?" An image of his childhood friend laughing with a beautiful smile came to a mind and he could help but smile. But as he did, at the tip of his gaze he picked out the sight of a flash of red and yellow.

Turning round, he looked at the picture of his parents holding him his a baby. It was taken a few minutes after he was born, when he had finally stopped crying and settled down and falling to sleep in his mother's arms. His dad was there, smiling happily as he held Kushina's hand in one of his own as he smiled at the camera that was no doubt behind held by Jim.

Kushina herself despite looking tired, pale and clammy, the bright having being extremely difficult, was still smiling beautifully as she held him tightly to her.

Smiling sadly at the photo, Naruto turned to look out the window in thought. 'I wonder, what do you think of me now.' His smile twisted into a frown. 'Would you support me? Would you be proud of me? Or would you be disappointed at what I've become?' He would not lie, he hoped that it would never be the latter.

Naruto would be the first to admit, that his parents meant a lot to him and there deaths hit hard. Yet, he had gotten over his fathers death quite quickly and so, if Minato was to be disappointed in him, it would hurt for sure but he could ignore it quite easily. It was not because he didn't love his dad, it was just that thanks to Kushina he managed to get over his death.