Chapter LVIII - Ragtag Team

"Normal Speech."

'Normal Thought.'

"Demon Speech."

'Demon Thought.'

"Other Speech variants."

Location/Time.

-X- Line Break -X-

Saturday 4th July, 19:30.

Washington D.C,

Cadmus Research Facility.

Rushing down the corridor, Robin took a sharp left as the rest of their impromptu team followed his lead. With his right arm raised and a holographic map showing the schematics of the Cadmus building, Robin despite being the slowest here was the one leading from the front.

Things had been going so well at the beginning, today was the day. The day he got to see the backstage areas of the Justice League headquarters, the Hall of Justice. And he wouldn't be alone, with him would be Kid Flash, Aqualad and Speedy. Except that wasn't the case, Bruce had lied to him as it turns out the Hall of Justice was simply a front, an area that allowed one to travel to the Justice League's real headquarters,

A space station in the upper atmosphere of Earth known as the Watchtower.

Hell he only learned of this because of Speedy and it made him just as angry as Green Arrow's former apprentice that he almost quit as well. Batman was his mentor much like Aquaman was Aqualads and yet they lied to them. Hadn't they proven themselves time and time again? Why did they still feel the need to lie to them?

'I can almost understand where Naruto comes from now.' And that only made this day even worse, the fact that he started to understand why Naruto distrusted heroes. He had been lied to and manipulated, they would have been left none the wiser about how the League really worked. 'Did Barbara know?' That had been a question on his mind this entire time as well, Barbara had never seemed entirely pleased with what she saw when it had been her time, he hadn't understood why but now he did.

Did she know and was told to keep it quiet? Or did she not know?

Shaking his head, Robin rid himself of these thoughts for now and instead looked at the three people behind them. There was Kid Flash who had an irritated frown on his face, no doubt due to having to slow his speed down to match Robin's seen as though he had the map. And for a guy who could run over a hundred miles per hour like a gentle Sunday jog, it was no wonder he was irritated.

The other two behind him were a little less so, Aqualad was as calm as always. A light frown on his face as he no doubt went over the days events that led to this moment while making sure to keep himself alert of the world around him.

And the final member of their impromptu team was the clone of Superman. He was still clad in the white suit that absorbed solar energy and empowered him. Though the most prominent feature was the angry scowl on his face as he glared at practically everything around him. Robin would admit to being extremely weary of just how angry the clone was. Sure he had good reason to be, more so than anyone here, but it didn't make Robin feel better.

While the clone didn't have all the powers Superman had and those he did were extremely tame in comparison to the Man of Steel. Even so, he was still the physical strongest and most durable out of them all here and that worried Robin, more so than the private army of genetically engineered weapons that Cadmus seemed to have created. They were simple and easy to beat, the clone of Superman however had shown the ability to beat them all already. He didn't exactly want to fight him a second time.