Chapter LIX - Beast Unleashed

"Normal Speech."

'Normal Thought.'

"Demon Speech."

'Demon Thought.'

"Other Speech variants."

Location/Time.

-X- Line Break -X-

Saturday 4th July, 20:00.

Washington D.C,

Cadmus Research Facility.

Doctor Mark Desmond was many things, a scientist, a genius, a man who pushed the boundaries of science whenever he could in order to achieve his goals. It was he, who had fully utilised the cloning technology to its full potential, it was he that created the clone of Superman and made it a profitable weapon.

It was these achievement that had seen him rise from a simple scientist, to the head of the Cadmus Research Facility due to impressing the mysterious board of directors calling themselves, the Light.

Their identities were a mystery to him, but he didn't care about that. All he cared about was ensuring he received funding to continue expanding his knowledge on science and things had been going splendidly.

Especially thanks to his new research specimen. To think that the former head scientist had kept the subject all too himself, the secrets Desmond had learned after simply a week when working with him were astounding. He honestly wished he could strangle his predecessor for keeping such a jewel all to himself.

But then things had been going wrong.

First had been the fire that had broken out, attracting the attention of Superman. Luckily he had managed to contact the Light who had managed to work up a diversion to keep the League occupied. However, then the sidekicks of Batman, Flash and Aquaman showed up and freed the clone. But that hadn't even been the worst of it because then he had another team break in.

A team including Batgirl, Killer Frost and the very same mercenary who had brought Subject Nine to Cadmus in the first place, Ravager arrived. A rag tag group to be sure, but they had none the less torn through the Gnomes Desmond had sent to stop them and had then teamed up with the rest of the sidekicks. And now, to top all of this, were heading directly towards Subject Nine's pod.

While they had managed to shut him out of his own security system, he had managed to regain some control back, but even then, it was only the security cameras.

Pressing a button, a small hatch opened with a hiss revealing a number of small vials containing a purple-blue liquid and reaching out, took one of the vials. 'With the new and improved Project Blockbuster, I will have the power necessary to bring order back to Cadmus.' Leaving the room, he looked at the small army of Gnomes he had with him and walked down the corridor, the army following him loyally.

'If Subject Nine is let out of his pod, then he will destroy all of Cadmus! I have to stop them before they do!'

-X- Line Break -X-

Saturday 4th July, 18:10.

Washington D.C,

Cadmus Research Facility.

Barbara's mind was a mess, it had been ever since she learned of Naruto being experimented upon. There had been anger, so much anger and it had all been unfocused. Not matter how much she tried, there was no real target to aim it at.