Chapter XLVI - Infiltration

"Normal Speech."

'Normal Thought.'

"Demon Speech."

'Demon Thought.'

"Other Speech variants."

Location/Time.

-X- Line Break -X-

Friday 1st May, 03:30.

New Jersey,

Gotham City,

Gotham Heights.

The streets of Gotham were unusually empty at this time of day. Most were comfortably asleep in bed, content to live in their dream world's as an escape from the cruel grasp of reality.

As a result, it was quiet, not a soul in sight.

Or it should have been.

Alas it was not meant to be, the sound of breaking glass followed by a screeching alarm broke the silence and tranquility. It came from a nearby doll shop as a woman dressed in a red and black jester costume, hat included broke the window by throwing a nearby garbage can through it.

Laughing cheerfully, Harley Quinn jumped inside and began to look through the store for one doll in particular. Only for her search to be in vain and so, angry at her failure picked up one doll by its twin ponytails and ripped it clean in half.

"You know where he hide it, don't you?" The gravelly voice of Gotham's Dark Knight spoke up from the shadows behind her and Harley slowly turned around with eyes wide. Almost like a child who had been caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

"Uh oh." She said looking to see Batman walking towards her.

"Where is it, Harley?" Batman was in no mood for games, she could tell that much and she could guess why. From what she could recall, Amanda had talked about how the Joker had a dirty bomb in the city, which may also contain parts of the Scarecrow's Fearless Toxin as well.

Still, Harley didn't know where it was and she technically didn't know much about it either. "No idea what you're talking about." She whined angrily like a petulant child before throwing a number of dolls at her feet at him. Each one bouncing off Batman's body as he continued to walk towards her unbothered by her 'weapons.'

As he came closer, Harley was once again reminded of how tall the Batman was and instead of cowering in fear like some criminals did, she instead rose up to her feet to meet him face to face.

There was a brief moment of silence before Harley used the opportunity to hit him with the doll in her hand. Surprisingly, it actually caused the Batman to stumble as blood came from his still healing nose. "Back off, Bats!" She said threateningly, whipping out her extendable baton to full length.

Batman himself just looked at her with narrowed eyes, very aware that with his current bodies limitations due to not being fully healed, he would have to be careful.

A brief lull formed that was quickly broken when Batman threw a few Batarangs at Harley who used her great flexibility to lean back. While she did escape unharmed, part of her outfit was cut off and she didn't like that one bit.

With a shout of anger, she spun on her heel lashing out with a kick that Batman couldn't quite avoid. Yet he recovered quickly avoiding the next few swipes from her baton however a jumping roundhouse kick snuck through his guard and slammed into his face.

Grunting, Batman righted his footing and pushed off rushing to Harley who went to meet his charge with a high-pitched yell.

-X- Line Break -X-