Epilogue

"My drink is almost gone Hammer. I said one drink, that's all I'm giving you." Alistar stated, his voice deep and an Irish accent coating his words.

"You can't go Ali!" Hammer responded in his own deep Irish voice, his boyish enthusiasm spilling off him. "Cecilia insisted you come. Franny really wanted to see us all and you know if you upset Franny, you'll have two wolves hunting you down."

Hammer eyed his oldest friend as the brooding, dark haired man took in a deep breath and let it out in a defeated sigh. The bar was pounding with the intensity of a wild rave, loud pulsing music, flashing lights and the heightened emotions of a massive crowd of Fae just out for a good time. It made Hammers skin feel tight and almost itch with the amount of energy brewing, the kind you could use for a massive spell.

Alistar stood suddenly, one hand reaching out to grip Hammers shoulder.

"I need some air my friend. I promise not to vanish until I see Franny."

Hammer nodded watching his friend weave into the crowd, heading for the door. The enigmatic mage didn't notice all the eyes that tracked him as he walked away from the bar, some curious, some awed and others extremely interested. Hammer chuckled at Alistar's disinterest in his current environment. Maybe it hadn't been fair to drag him out while he was still adjusting to being around people again, it had only been a month since the incident with the Mage Cult and Alistar has only let 4 or 5 people get to know him and they were all Pack members. Hammer knew this was how Alistar was, he was used to keeping people at a distance, keeping secrets. After having to grow up lying about what you are and hiding a significant portion of yourself it was no surprise his trust was not easy to come by.

However as much as he'd like to focus on his best friend and Franny's attempts to socialize him, Hammer's mind was full of other thoughts. He was finally fully healed from his own encounter with the Mage Cult, and he could feel it was time to take some necessary steps with Cecilia. He had to meditate more than normal to keep control of his emotions and his magic. It would be a shame if they saved the town from genocidal mages on to have Hammer electrocute the entire town because of an incomplete Mate bond.

Finally getting the overworked bartender's attention he got refills for both himself and Alistar. Hammer checked his watch, starting to feel anxious at how long it was taking Cecilia to show up.

"Did you miss me Sampson?" Her warm breath tickled his ear, and he could feel her body heat on his back through his shirt and vest.

"Best be careful Miss, the only one who gets to call me Sampson is my beautiful Mate and she's an Alpha." Hammer stood up and turned to face the caramel skinned woman who was smirking at him.

"Well, she is one lucky lady then if she gets to have you as a Mate."

"No, A Chuisle." Hammer reached out and pulled her into his chest looking down into her storm grey eyes, "I'm the lucky one here."

"Alright we get it." A bright chipper voice interrupted, "you're in love. Do we get a hello too? And where is Ali? You didn't let him run off did you Hammer? I wanted him to see the performance tonight."

Hammer looked over at the owner of the voice and smiled at Franny, her bright personality as infectious as ever. Beside her stood her own Mate, like her own personal bodyguard, tall and silent.

"Hello Franny, Oscar. Ali went outside for fresh air." Hammer moved to give the enthusiastic wolf a hug, "So no I did not run him off, he promised to at least see you before leaving. Why do you want him to see this show specifically?"

"I have my reasons. Franny winks mischievously, before turning to the bar to order a drink.

"So, Sampson, how was your day with your new shop manager? What was his name again?"