We Have a Plan

West Mountains City Council was made up of 10 Fae, Cecilia and nine other various Fae. She hadn't actually met some of them yet. She was a part of the Council because she was the Pack's Alpha and because of their role in the towns safety it was required that the Alpha was a member of the Council. She recognized Jing Owens, a tall, well built, extremely handsome physiologist whom she had worked with before. Camilia was also there; she immediately gave Cecilia a reassuring hug and a few words of encouragement. The one member she hadn't really expected was Sylas, he hadn't mentioned being part of the City Council.

"You're part of the City Council as well?" She whispered when he moved into great her.

"Yes, it was a requirement of the Council of Elders that if we live in a Safe Haven, we are on the City's Council. So, it seems I am cursed to be in politics for eternity." He sighed heavily, "Let me introduce the rest of the Council so we can hear your plan."

They didn't waste any time beyond a run-down of names and what kind of Fae they were. Cecilia went over everything, starting from when she arrived at Hammer's house. They asked a few questions as she talked but mostly stayed quiet, letting her get all the facts out and then go over the plan she had made with Asher, Oscar and Alistar.

"How many people are you planning to take?" A small Fairy with fluttering wings asked as he looked over the map on the table, "will you be able to maintain the level of stealth needed?"

"We want to take around 40, we were told 15 but that number might not be accurate, so we are pushing for 2 per Mage plus some extra. The Lions have volunteered and about 20 wolves, the rest will stay and guard the community center and the town. Anyone who wants to is welcome to go to the community center for safety until this is done with."

"Are you only taking shifters. I can understand the desire to only do wolves and large cats. Your plan calls for a good amount of stealth, also we need to be prepared if something goes wrong and you fail. Having the larger shifters here for defense would be in the towns best interest."

"I have no problem with others, I'm not going to turn down someone who wants to help."

"Good." A lanky Fae in the corner answered, "you'll have a few of us then. We're not the type to turn down a free meal."

He flashed a full toothy grin at her. Cecilia knew if any of his kind would be very effective. They fed off others chi or souls. Typically, they just took small amounts from willing people, usually their own Mates, nothing these people couldn't get back with a little time and some good for the soul activities. However, if they unleashed, they were killers.

The rest of the Council nodded, and Cecilia had a feeling they would have multiple volunteers from different Fae around the town.

"We should also get people to help with any wounded we might get." Camelia spoke up, "Let's be realistic here, this isn't going to be a peaceful negotiation. This is a battle, there will be injuries. We can set up a triage at the community center, have the Doctor and anyone with medical training ready."

"I think we have a good plan." Sylas's British accent and tone calling the attention to himself and silencing any other whispers in the room, "Any volunteers should meet here in 4 hours."

That would give them enough time to gather any more volunteers and to settle any business they needed to before leaving. Luckily for Cecilia and her agitated wolf it wasn't too long.

As most of the Council left, Jing stood off to the side waiting till he was alone with Cecilia. She was so lost in thought she didn't notice he had stayed until he spoke.

"Alpha?"

Cecilia's body tensed slightly before relaxing again and she chuckled.

"Jing, fuck I didn't notice you were still here."