Magic Energy

The air around Hammers house pulsed with energy. The magic beat through the air like a drum, heavy and resonating. Carson shifted in the rocking chair on the porch. He felt the pressure of the magic all over his body and the need to shift and run from the area was excruciating. He knew he needed to stay here till Cecilia arrived, but he didn't particularly like it.

The red headed Mage had tried to shoo the wolf away, but Carson had held his ground. So, he was banished to the porch while the Mage worked.

Inside Hammer worked, feeling more focused and balanced than he had in several days. When Cecilia had made her joke about anti-magic spells his brain had nearly exploded with ideas. He worked out most of it in the truck to his house, though he hated to admit that Cecilia had been right to not let him drive. Now he was staring at 5 green and purple crystals, the pentacle tattoo on his chest glowing as he focused his energy and magic into the stones.

He had been lucky to find he had some Tourmaline crystals in his supplies. They had the qualities he needed, known for protection and safety.

As he focused the crystals began to glow and the magical energy of the area grew and pulsed like a strobe light.

Outside Carson cursed slightly. The oppressive quality in the air growing to a near unbearable level. A red brown wolf came running into the clearing from the trees and whined loudly. Carson grabbed the shorts and t-shirt he had borrowed from Hammer, just in case. He put them down on the steps up the porch and turned around to give Cecilia some privacy.

"Thanks Carson, how'd you know?" He turned around as she was tightening the drawstring on the shorts, trying to get Hammers giant clothes to fit on her much smaller frame.

"I'm a wolf too Alpha, runs help the mind and I figured you wouldn't want the extras I keep in my truck."

"You're right. If I'm gonna be covered in the scent of another Fae, I'd rather it be my Mate." Cecilia shuddered slightly, "Damn. I don't know what the hell he is doing in there but it's like a damn punch in the face."

"He's been in there since we got back. It's been hours." Carson sat back down, "Sylas dropped his bike off a while ago. I offered him a ride back, but he didn't want to wait."

"I don't blame him, its suffocating around here." Cecilia sighed, "Get outta here Carson. We don't both need to suffer through this."

Carson nodded, baring his neck slightly in respect and walked to his truck to leave. Cecilia settled herself into the rocking chair to wait. She figured going into the house right now might disrupt some kind of magical flow. Pulling out her phone she opened up the e-mail account she had set up for Pack business, rolling her eyes at the amount that had appeared in the last few hours. The pack was responsible for security of the town. She was also expected to help figure out placement for new arrivals to town. Some, like Hammer were easy. He had chosen his own house, out in the forest away from people, but sometimes people wanted to go places that weren't the safest. Just because it was a Safe Haven town and intermingling was the whole point doesn't mean it was always a good idea for certain Fae to be near each other.

She didn't have to wait long for things to start changing, maybe a half hour longer and the air around the house began to dissipate and lighten. She waited about 10 more minutes before knocking lightly on the door.

"Come in." Hammer's voice sounded strained and tired.

Cecilia opened the door and looked around the room. It was set up like a studio apartment but bigger. There were two doors in the house, one she was sure went to the bathroom, the other must be to where he did all his magic work.

Hammer was sitting on the edge of the huge bed his posture was clearly exhausted his head hanging slightly. Cecilia stepped close, putting her hands on his shoulder and letting him lean his head into her stomach.