Time To Be The Alpha

When they came into the sitting room Cecilia and Carson were using as a temporary office 20 minutes later, she couldn't tell who was more pissed, Oscar or Jebadiah.

So maybe sending in Franny's father to drag the two from the house was a low blow but she found it hilarious.

Oscar and Franny both look disheveled. Oscar looked ready to murder the next person to talk to him.

"A little heads up would have been nice CeCe." Jebadiah mutters, sliding into an armchair, glaring at the whole room, "Or any of you. Would have been nice to know my only child found their mate."

"Three years ago." Cecilia muttered under her breath.

Franny heard and shook her head at the other woman. "Not helpful CeCe. Daddy's had a bit of a shock."

"Oh no, don't tell me he....saw?"

Franny nodded, "We were in the kitchen getting water and got, um, distracted."

Carson started laughing, loudly. Cecilia smirked.

"I'm sorry Daddy." Franny cried, throwing herself into her father's lap, "We didn't know what to do. We didn't tell anyone."

She started sobbing. Jebadiah glanced at Oscar who looked conflicted, wanting to grab is mate and comfort her but also wanting to be respectful of the former Alpha.

Jebadiah nodded at the nervous man and in an instant Franny was scooped up and in Oscars arms. He sat down with her on his lap, her face buried in his neck, already calming down.

"It's been a lot for her." He whispered his hands rubbing slow circles on her back.

"Not that this hasn't been fun. Why are we here Cecilia?" Jebadiah asked, watching his daughter and her mate, a slight smile on his face.

"I wanted to discuss a few things before having a full pack meeting."

Jebadiah nodded, his grin widening. He could already tell he had been right about the woman in front of him. She would lead this pack to greatness.

"First, I think its best I move into the pack house. I can stay in any of the open rooms until the Alpha apartment is." She wrinkled her nose slightly, "sanitary. I need to be here to show my commitment to the pack, not isolated anymore."

"Plus," Cecilia smirked and gestured to Oscar and Franny, "They could use some privacy."

Jebadiah and Carson smirked at the newly mated couple knowingly. It was well known that newly mated Fae, no matter the species, had a huge surge in their libidos, tripling or quadrupling their sex drives.

"That brings us to the pack house. It's time for an update. We bring in a contractor and remodel, upgrade and refresh. If they use the pack as crew, it will save us money and be something we can do as a pack to bring us back together."

"The finances are still good, surprisingly." Carson spoke up.

"Steve handled that." Franny spoke up, slightly muffled, her face still in Oscar's neck. "I found out some stuff about him."

"It's ok Francesca, we will get to him." Oscar soothed.

"No time like the present. I need all the info if I'm going to feel comfortable letting him escape." Cecilia stood pacing around the room, "There is a chance he will try to come back or retaliate."

"No, there's not." Franny sat up, locking eyes with the worried Alpha. "He never hurt anyone."

"But the Omegas."

"He never touched them except to clean them up. No one can remember a time he actually participated with whatever the other two did. Only that he was there."

Jebadiah sighed, "He was always alone after we found him. Until Jake and Zachariah took him under their wing. He was like their shadow. Silent but always there."

"Just because he didn't hurt anyone doesn't make him innocent. He allowed this to happen." Cecilia ranted.

"You're right. Jebadiah said holding up a hand, "But he is unlikely to plan anything against us and if he should want to come back?"

Cecilia sighed, closing her eyes, "It will be considered, with probation and rules."

The others in the room nodded in agreement. Cecilia looked out the window for a few minutes gathering her thoughts.

"We'll go over new patrols and training with the rest of the pack. I'm sure we also have some clean up with the town to do as well." She turned back to them already feeling the weight of the job, "Call a meeting. I'll be there in a few minutes."

Cecilia looked out the window again, fitting the urge to escape, a slight longing for the life that was drifting away from her, quiet days drawing and tattooing, no worries beyond art and what they would have for dinner. Now she had the lives of 200 wolves in her hands plus the safety of the entire town. Not to mention a Mate she had to make time for, which was going to be so much harder now.

Cecilia closed her eyes, refocusing. "Put up or Shut up Cecilia. You're the Alpha, not a little bitch. Time to be the Alpha."