You Do Not Disappoint

Carson^^^

"You have GOT to be SHITTING me?"

Cecilia stood just inside the door to the Alphas office in the pack house, her office.

"I don't know what is worse, the horrendous decorating, the stench or the literal mountains of paperwork that ass wipe clearly never did." She turned to look at the dark-skinned mountain of a man next to her. His dark hair was cut close to his head blending smoothly into his facial hair. His features were strong with a full-lips and striking blue eyes.

The man shifted from foot to foot, one arm crossed over his chest holding the other while covering his mouth with his other hand. His brows were furrowed as if deep in thought. Finally, he nodded once to himself.

"Three-way tie." He muttered.

Cecilia blinked at him, before laughing heartily.

"Well Carson do you have any suggestions? As Gamma and third in command you should have some ideas."

"Set it on fire." The mocha skinned man shrugged; his voice serious.

"Can't say I'm not tempted." Cecilia ran her hand down her face, "Alright, let's get the files outta here and then gut the place. Get rid of everything, open it up, air it out and then redo it."

"That's a start."

"The Beta and Gamma offices are the next two, right?"

"Hmm," Carson nodded, "They aren't much better. Jack and Steve used them."

"What if we do this. Take down the walls, turn all three into one large office. All three of us, in one, working together." Cecilia tapped a finger against her chin, "in fact. What if we bring in someone, renovate the whole place?"

"We'd need to take a look at the finances, fuck knows what the three stooges did to them." Carson refolded his arms, his hand on his chin again.

"True, but we can use pack members to do a lot of the actual labor. I think it would be a good way to refresh and rebond the pack."

"I would still set it on fire, but you're the boss."

They worked quickly moving stacks up on stacks of folders, gathering anything necessary to work on Pack business. After about an hour of paperwork, Cecilia spoke up, voicing a growing concern.

"Was letting Steve go a mistake? I didn't know him but if he was like the other two, maybe he will seek revenge. "

Carson glanced up from the papers he had been reading, brow furrowed, his feet propped up on the table.

"I'm not sure to be honest. I've never met the man."

Cecilia stared at him, her eyes wide as he calmly flipped a page, reading intently.

"How is that possible. There are only 200 wolves in the pack. I've even met him once or twice. "

Carson shrugged, "He kept to himself as a child, then he only interacted with the two nut jobs. When Zachariah took over, I left. Call me bitter but losing my position in the pack unjustly didn't sit too well."

Carson threw the folder on the table leaning back and interlocking his hands behind his head. "I traveled around to other packs, learned from them, trained with them. I honestly wouldn't have come back if I hadn't gotten calls from my father and Alpha Jeb."

"They called you?"

"Yup" Carson smirked, "Night before the full moon. Told me to get my sorry ass back here for a pack meeting I definitely wouldn't want to miss. And I gotta say Alpha, you DO NOT disappoint."

"I aim to please." Cecilia muttered dryly; with a sigh she closed the file in front of her.

"Why the extreme exhale."

"We should have a meeting, go over plans."

"Still not seeing a reason for dramatic breathing."

"It means I need to call Oscar in." Cecilia sighed again.

"Ah, I was surprised he wasn't here. And pray tell where is our fearless Beta?"

"At home I believe. I slept here last night after the run. Tried to mind link him this morning, he told me to fuck off."

"Woah." Carson was stunned and very curious about what his new Alpha would do about the blatant disrespect.

"It's my own fault." Cecilia laughed, "Don't try to come between a Beta and his new Mate."

Carsons feet slammed on the ground as he sat up in his chair. "Mate?"

"Official last night, hence, the not sleeping in my own bed."

Carson watched as her eyes glazed over slightly, she was talking to someone. With a smirk she refocused on Carson.

"He'll be on his way."

"Nice, why the smirk?"

"They wouldn't answer so I asked someone else to get them for me."

"Who?"

"Jebadiah." Cecilia laughed.