Not Much of a Talker

The sound of the door slamming open jerked Steffan awake. He pressed himself further back into the corner he was sleeping in. He had thought being let down from the ceiling would have been a relief, but that idea was short lived. They had chained him to the floor, a heavy chain coming from the pronged collar around his neck and into a peg on the floor.

He wasn't sure how long it had been since the last Mage had finished with his. The blood on his thighs wasn't dry, so it couldn't have been long. After nearly 4 days of just physical torture Francis had decided to try a new tactic to break Steffan and it nearly had. The first time it happened Steffan felt tears flow down his cheeks as he was forced into memories of what happened to his mother and then what had happened to him, whenever Zachariah and Jake were not able to get someone else for the night.

At least they cleaned me up after. He thought watching as Francis stalked into the room grabbing a set of intricate chains.

He sat up slowly, keeping in the hiss of pain from moving. Watching silently, he pulled his knees to his chest, wrapping his arms around them. He was starting to feel his wolf more clearly, they hadn't given him any water in over a day, so he hadn't been forced to drink any potions.

As he watched, two of the Mages came in carrying a third man between them. They carried him over to the corner opposite Steffan, and he caught a view of red hair before Francis moved, putting the chains on the unconscious man.

When he stepped back, there was a collar around the man's neck with a heavy chain that was connected to manacles on his wrists and ankles. Francis looked over at Steffan and smirked.

"Been having fun Mutt?" Francis walked over and roughly dragged his fingers through Steffan's clumped and matted dark hair. He saw Steffan looking at the unconscious man. "Don't worry my dirty little pet, I'm not replacing you. He's too precious to try and break the same way I'm breaking you."

Steffan bit back the growl building at the back of his throat, he focused on the man they had brought in. It took a few moments, but Steffan realized he recognized him, it was the Mage from the town, Cecilia's Mate. Zachariah had ranted and raged about the tall red head who had come in and ruined all his plans.

Francis pulled a chair over to Steffan, continuing to run his hand through his hair. He would do this occasionally, while he talked or just sat, treating Steffan like his pet.

"What an interesting turn events have taken. I came here to capture a half breed traitor and now I have the Coven's golden boy back from the dead and the chance to cleanse the world of a Safe Haven." Francis chuckled evilly, his grip tightening and pulling Steffan's hair harshly. "You must be my good luck charm Mutt. I was going to kill you once we were done here but I'm thinking I might keep you. You have so many uses, plus I'm very curious how much it will take to break you."

Steffan grit his teeth, his wolf was close to the surface again and did not like being treated like some pet. It wanted to shift and kill Francis, but Steffan knew he wouldn't live after that. He needed a better plan; he needed to escape and get to Cecilia. She was the Alpha now, she needed to know everything he could tell her about the group of Mages, and she would be needing to get her Mate back.

Francis watched his new captive with a strange expression, Steffan couldn't tell if it was disgust or jealously, he knew the look growing in the man's eyes quite well, that look meant pain was coming his way.

"What a waste." Francis muttered, gathering Steffan's collar in his hand. Unlocking him from the floor he dragged him back to the cuffs hanging from the ceiling and locked him back up.

Steffan closed his eyes, he needed to find a way to get free, if they didn't drug him again, he might have a chance, he could feel his wolf slightly but there was something else now too, like the torture had awaken another part of him.