Quit Acting Like a Stalker

The Tower was a fire lookout post in the huge national forest that surrounded the town. Cecilia tried to calm herself as she held onto Hammer, leaning with him as they rode along the tight curving road leading up the mountains to the tower.

If she had known he drove a motorcycle she would have taken her chances with Zachariah. Instead, she was pressed against a man who was awakening every basic instinct and sexual urge in her and her wolf side was practically howling with joy.

She could feel the muscles of his stomach under her fingers, and she had to fight not to blaze trails around his chest. At least there was no skin-to-skin contact, otherwise the sparks might have shattered her self-control. His scent was everywhere, she was clearly wearing his helmet.

Why did I even agree to this? What's wrong with me? Cecilias mind was waging a battle with her instincts as they neared the top of the mountain.

The bike began to slow as they reached the Tower and Cecilia began to loosen her grip. She hoped once she was not in physical contact with Hammer her mind would start to clear again.

"This is pretty sweet." Hammer muttered parking the bike, his eyes on the tower.

Cecilia got off the bike and handed him his helmet. "You can go now, you know. I'm sure you have better things to do?"

"If I leave now, how will you get back?" He looked at her and Cecilia would have thought he was being sincere if it hadn't been for the corners of his mouth twitching as he tried not to smile.

"Thats really not your concern, although you seem to think you already know." Cecilia fumed at him for a moment before turning and starting up the tower stairs.

"Who were you trying to get away from?" Hammer was following behind her, much to Cecilia's frustration.

"I don't know why it matters to you."

"Well, I did just drive you up into the mountains to escape someone and I'm a naturally curious person."

They reached the top platform of the tower and Cecilia turned to look at him. Hammer went to the edge and leaned on the railing, looking out at the forest and the night sky. Cecilias fingers twitched, she itched to draw the scene before her, him leaning over slightly, his forearms resting on the railing as he looked out into the forest covered mountains. She slipped her phone from her back pocket, pretending to check her messages, instead taking a photo for reference.

Your being creepy again Lawson, quit acting like a stalker. She thought to herself angrily as she slipped her phone in her pocket. She noticed she had messages from Franny, Oscar, and Camelia that she would look at later, she had closed of her mind links, so it was not surprising they were blowing up her phone. She also had several calls from Zachariah. Her face twisted in disgust; the man just won't take a hint.

"How about this," Hammers deep voice startled Cecilia from her thoughts, "twenty questions. We take turns asking and we can always refuse to answer any questions."

"What makes you think I want to know anything about you Steinson?" The truth was Cecilia was aching to know more about him, but she was fighting that part of herself, trying to push Hammer away. She still wasn't sure she wanted to give into the mate pull, but the more she was around Hammer it was harder to resist.

He smiled at her, Cecilia felt like he looked almost cocky, "Because you would have run off by now if you weren't a little curious."

"You're a cocky bastard, aren't you?" Cecilia sat down, her arms on the lower railing, her legs hanging off the edge.

Hammer sat next to her, his back on the railing so he could look her easier, "Not really actually, I'm starting to think you have the wrong idea about me."

Cecilia looked over, looking into his eyes, feeling like she was looking into an emerald. "Prove me wrong."