It's Been a Long Day

Franny's skin tingled as she felt Oscar move in front of her, placing his hands on the counter, on either side of her body. Franny tilted her head back, looking into his golden eyes. He was worried about her.

"It's been a long day Ozzy." He huffed with satisfaction at the nickname, she only used it when they were alone.

"Not easy being the Big Bad Wolf?" He whispered resting his forehead on hers.

"Hmm, it doesn't suit me." Franny ran her hands slowly up his arms and onto his neck, "You were talking pretty openly about mates tonight, Ozzy."

"She won't notice, she's too worked up right now." He gently touched the already fading bruises on her neck. "How are you feeling? Are you in pain?"

"Not anymore." She felt him growl in pleasure under her hands when she began to slowly move her fingers over his neck.

"I don't know if I'll be able to control myself if he touches you again."

"I know this is hard Ozzy, but we both agreed it was for the best."

Franny's breath caught in her throat as he lifted her onto the counter, pressing closer to her, his hard, strong body in between her thighs.

"It's been 3 years Francesca, 3 years and were still not fully Mated. Every time I see you, smell you...." His lips pressed against the spot where the back of her neck met her shoulder, the spot where a Mate mark would go.

Franny's back arched, her head falling backwards and her hands moving to grip his hair tightly as his mouth moved along her neck and shoulder.

"Ozzy" She moaned.

His hands tightened on her hips, pulling her tight against him, she could feel him start to harden against her and her legs moved, encircling his waist keeping him tight against her.

He brought his lips to meet hers in a deep, wild kiss, filled with need and desperation. His hands fisted in her hair locking her in place as his tongue explored her mouth. He had to know every aspect of her mouth.

Her hands moved from his hair down his back. Oscar shivered as her fingers trailed down his spine and then slipped under his shirt.

Reluctantly he pulled away from her mouth, his hands cupping her face, thumbs stroking her checks.

"Francesca, if we don't stop now, I don't know if I will be able to control myself. Not after what happened." Oscars need to mark her was overpowering. Seeing someone, some man, put their hands on and harm his mate. He was a dominant male wolf, his need to protect Franny was extreme.

They could already communicate mentally because they were in the same pack but if they were fully mated, he would be able to sense her emotions, no matter where she was, he'd always know if she needed him. They were two halves of one whole, and they couldn't be complete.

Franny tried to fully process what he'd said through her haze of desire. She knew he was right, they agreed Zachariah was too unpredictable for them to mate. Franny feared what he'd do if he found out the daughter of the true Alpha bloodline was mated to a former rogue. It was all she could do to protect Oscar from Zachariah right now. But right now, it was hard to remember why that mattered, she wanted no NEEDED, Oscar on a level she barely recognized.

"We can't do this forever Ozzy. We need to think of something."

Oscar hugged Franny to him, kissing her forehead, "We will love, well find a way to be together soon."