Chapter 10 - I still love you

(Nolan's POV)

It was early in the morning. When the sun had just risen. I stood in front of a familiar door. I took a deep breath and knocked. I focused on breathing. By the time I had inhaled and exhaled 3 times, the door had opened. My eyes met with icy blue ones. Sad icy blue ones. For a moment, me and the blonde just stared at each other. He let out a soft whimper before wrapping his arms around me. 

Lou: Thank God! You're okay!

I hugged him back, ordering myself not to cry. His voice was weak, his eyes were sad, and he looked as if he hadn't slept. He held me tightly for awhile before letting go, realizing what he was doing. I suppose he figured I wouldn't be in the mood for hugging. Especially after finding out what kind of person he really was.

I looked down at the ground. I couldn't handle seeing him like that. It broke my heart.

"I'm sorry for running off like that...That was wrong of me."

I paused for a second.

"I've decided that I'll listen to whatever you have to say."

Lou: Really?

He sighed in relief. He looked as if he wanted to hug me, but he held himself back. His golden hair was slightly messy, as if he hadn't looked in the mirror for a while. It reminded me of when I first went back to the institute to check on Lou. 

~10 minutes later~

"Where are we"?

Lou: I want you to meet someone.

Lou had taken me to a small yellow building. He knocked on the door, which had daffodils painted on it. Suddenly, the door opened revealing a girl. Her hair was a light brown, and her eyes were green like a thriving plant in spring.

?:  Oh, hey Lou! I wasn't expecting you today- 

Her eyes shifted over to me. It almost made me nervous. She was one of the prettiest dolls I'd ever seen. 

?: ...You...Brought a friend?

Lou: Heather, Nolan. Nolan, Heather.

I almost had a heart attack when he said those words so suddenly. 

I glanced over to Lou, and then smiled at her, awkwardly. She smiled back. 

Heather: So you're Nolan! Would you guys like to come in or...?

Lou: If you're not busy...I'd like you and Nolan to talk. Just for a minute.

I faced Lou, nearly having yet another heart attack. 

"W-what?"

He nudged me and whispered back.

Lou: Don't you wanna talk to her?

I looked back at her. She had a kind smile. But she was too pretty to be talking to someone like me.

Before I knew it, I was inside the building with her. The atmosphere was really light, and everything was so colorful. My heart was thumping. I just couldn't get over her beauty.

Heather: I've heard a lot about you.

"Y-you have?"

Heather: Mhm. I guess it's true what they say. Your eyes really are mesmerizing. They're so pretty~

I smiled nervously. 

"Um, would it be alright if I asked you something?"

Heather: Sure! What's up?

"Uh...well..."

I looked at her for the hundredth time. Her skin was beige and flawless and her hair was in a neat ponytail. I wasn't sure how I was supposed to ask her anything. I didn't want to accuse her of anything right on the spot. I had to be polite. But I also needed an answer.