Chapter 12 - I Have A Suprise

(Nolan's POV)

I'm not sure why the other dolls in the institute hated Lou so much. It's one thing I might not ever understand. Why don't they see him the way I do? I just don't get it.

I knew he wasn't the best in the past. But he's changed. I just didn't get it. Maybe they needed more time.

Anyways..
The next day was one of the most exciting days of my life.

Somehow, I managed to wake up before Lou for once. I played with his hair and contemplated what the correct words were. "Happy First Year"? No..."Happy Oneth Year". "Happy Onethst Year" Gosh, I don't even know how to speak."

I shook my head and glanced at my sleeping prince. He always slept so peacefully. Like an angel. 
The exact opposite of me, who kicked, slobbered and rolled over every 10 minutes.

I kissed his forehead and whispered his name softly a couple times.

Suddenly his eyes opened slowly. I blushed lightly at his half-awake smile. I opened my mouth to greet him, but nothing came out. Dangit. Which way do I say it?

He breathed deeply through his nose and stretched a little bit.

Lou: Happy One Year, bunny.

I whined playfully.

"Aww. You stole my line."

He chuckled and instantly wrapped his arms around me. I was suddenly brought on top of him, in a chest-to-chest manner. I blushed a deep red, but he just smirked at me. I whined a second time.

"Lou, you're embarrassing me."

Lou: What do you mean? No one's even around.

A laugh escaped my mouth as he tickled my stomach like crazy.

"Haha..stop...haha stop, stop.. hahah."

His fingers tickled me for a while until he finally decided it was enough.

"Happy One Year, my love"

Lou: "Love"?

"I'm just trying it out."

A mischievous smirk spread across his face.

Lou: Oh, well...In that case...Happy One Year, babe.

I felt my face get hotter.

"Don't do that."

Lou: Why not?

I didn't have a clear answer for him. It was something about the way he said it that was too much for me to handle. And besides, I preferred "bunny" much more.
He chuckled at me and brought our lips together for a quick kiss. 

Lou: Are you hungry?

I shook my head "no". He ruffled my hair and kissed my forehead. The sun's rays made his eyes look as if they were glowing. The blonde rubbed his eyes and smiled at me. 

Lou: Has it really been a year already? 

I nodded and chuckled at his sleepy voice. 

Lou: I don't want to go out today.

I smiled at him. "Okay."

I understood perfectly. I wouldn't want to go out in public either if I had just been humiliated.

So we spent most of the day home. Playing games like 2 lies and 1 truth, and would you rather. That might seem boring to some people, but with Lou, I could've gone forever. He always found a way to make it interesting.

I plopped onto the couch and sighed heavily while Lou was texting something on his phone next to me. I acted like I was trying to see what he was doing and he leaned away and covered the screen.