Chapter 19 - Happy Valentine's

(Nolan's POV)

I heavily sighed as I entered the sliding doors, which lead to a small, neat desk in the corner of a small lobby. Who knew being mayor could be exhausting? I swung on my crutches towards the brunette doll who sat behind the desk and waved to her.

Olivia: Oh, h-hey Nolan!

"Hi!"

Olivia: You gonna see Lou again?

"Yeah. I haven't been feeling well, so I couldn't come as often as usual."

Olivia: Aw. What's wrong?

"I've been vomiting a bit. Also, I get cramps sometimes. It's probably a flu. But, I feel better today, so I wanted to see Lou.

Olivia: Of course! I'm sure h-he'll be happy to see you.

"Thanks!"

Olivia: Alright. S-same room as always, then. And happy Valentine's!

"Happy Valentine's."

I rubbed my eyes. I couldn't wait to see Lou. Especially after hours of paperwork, letters and making announcements.

I made my way down the hall until I finally got to room 25. Faint music came from the room, and shadows danced around from under the doorway. I could hear a pleasant voice humming along as I turned the knob. Almost immediately after I'd opened the door, I was greeted with a huge hug.

Lou: Bunny! You're here!

"Yep. Here I am!"

I couldn't help but giggle as he picked me up and spun around with me still in his arms. He lost balance, and we somehow landed in the middle of his bed. Our heads collided, causing both of us to groan in pain. The door closed behind us and my crutches were now in the center of the room. He lay beside me with an embarrassed smile.

"I told you, not to do that!"
I smiled while trying not to vomit right there.

Lou: I know, my love. I'm sorry.. I just missed you so much!

I laughed and patted his head.

"You always say that!"

Our lips met, which took away every negative thing I had been feeling all week. I held the back of his head while he pulled my torso closer to his. He tasted like cold mint, but his tongue was warm like the sun. He bit my bottom lip gently and exhaled deeply. We both blushed a deep red.

He licked his lips before kissing me a second time. Before we could go any farther, I pulled away blushing like a teenager who's just had their first kiss. He grinned at me and cleared his throat.

Lou: Happy Valentine's Day.

"Happy Valentine's."

Lou: Guess what? I made something for you.

"Really?"

He nodded and walked to the corner of the room. He came back holding a canvas.

Lou: Ready? 1...2.....2 and1/2.....2 and 3/4

I formed an embarrassed smile. I whined when he began to stretch his words. Lou finally turned the canvas around, revealing a painting. My jaw dropped.

"You did that?! That's beautiful, Lou!"

It was a portrait of me! At first I thought he might've looked at a photograph and copied it, but apparently he did it all from memory. It was a painting of me sitting on the same bench we always rested on when we went for walks. The sun and shadows were so realistic it was trippy.