Ch. 6 - It's Friday

(Nolan's POV )

My life seemed to flash before my eyes, as the sound of shattering glass echoed throughout the room.
"Oww"
My voice was almost inaudible and my knee hurt from the impact. I sat up, trying to avoid the shards of glass that might've pierced my skin if I wasn't careful. Nolan, you klutz!  I facepalmed. A pink rose sank into the ground as water spread across the floor like it had nothing better to do.
My eyes widened with panic. I just broke Lou's vase!  I yelled in my head. My hands seemed to have a mind of their own, and began to pick up the pieces.
"He's gonna be so mad. He's had that since forever!"
I suddenly jumped back at a sharp pain in my left hand. I pulled my hand up and trembled at the sight of red. My eyes formed tears, but before they could fall, the door opened. My stomach did a flip when I saw who was standing there.
"Lou... I-Um... I sorta had an accident..."
He looked around the room quickly and then back at me. He seemed relieved for a moment, but then looked at the mess I had made.

Lou: What happened? I-Is that my vase? The one I've had for 20 years?

"I-"

He stepped closer. His arms swung beside him. His eyes looked red for a moment and the room turned dark. I couldn't pull my eyes away from the blade he held in his hand.

"I'm sorry! I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean to! "

I moved back until my back touched the wall.
"I'm sorry! Please don't! I'm sorry!"
He bent down in front of me. His eyes furrowed and his eyes practically shot lasers right through me.

Lou: You know what happens when you make a mess, don't you?

His voice was low and sinister. I cried some more. I was bawling and pleading at this point.

"I'm sorry! I'M SORRY !"
His hands reached for me and held the sides of my arms.
"No! NO! I'm sorry! PLEASE-"

Lou: Nolan!

I gasped and looked back up. His eyes were back to their normal blue shade and he didn't look mad anymore. He looked scared and concerned.
"Wh-"
Tears streamed down my cheeks. Lou hugged me and held me close to him. My heart beat even harder. I hated when my mind would play tricks on me.

Lou: It's okay . I'm not gonna hurt you. You're okay. It's okay..

I held onto him and took deep breaths. After a moment, I pulled away. We locked eyes for a quick second before Lou's attention went to my chin.

Lou: Oh, you're hurt!

"Huh?"

My left hand patted my chin, in an attempt of finding proof. He then saw my hand and told me not to move. He led me to the bathroom and shushed me like I was a baby. He then wet a towel, and dabbed it gently against my chin. He did the same with my hand, and wrapped it with surgical tape.

When he finished, he looked into my eyes. He then caressed my face. I blushed a little.

Lou: I'm gonna go clean the mess up.

I grabbed his wrist before he could leave.
"I didn't mean to break your vase. I got dizzy and I lost my balance. I-"

He suddenly pulled me up, and into his chest. He kissed my forehead and smiled.

Lou: I don't care about that. I'm just glad you didn't get hurt too bad.

His lips met mine, and I knew everything was fine again.

He smiled and left to clean up the shattered glass. I blushed immensely.

I made my way downstairs and took the groceries out of the plastic bags. I opened the fridge, and began placing them inside.  I looked at the time on the stove. My smile faded.
"6:12pm..."
I loved him more than I could say.
"It's Friday today..."

But that doesn't mean he felt the same way.

Lou: Uh, Bunny..?

I turned to face him. He stood on the stairs, putting on a sweater.
"Please don't go. Please..."

Lou: I have to step out again, ok?

I nodded fighting back my tears. He approached me and kissed my forehead. He said a quick "Thanks." and "I'll be right back. " before leaving.

I turned back to the fridge.
"He's an idiot if he thinks I haven't noticed by now."
I slammed the fridge door shut, and fell to my knees. My lip quivered. I brought my knees up to my face and closed my eyes.

It didn't matter what he did, or said.

I already knew the truth.

The ugly truth.

~~~

It was 3 hours since Lou left. Not that it was anything new. I sat on the couch nearly falling asleep to some show about angels and demons.

Suddenly, A chime rung throughout the house. I sighed and checked the time again.
He forgot his key and was gone for 3 hours... To be mad or not be mad? I asked myself. I stood up, rubbing my eyes. I yawned and unlocked the door.
"So, you forgot your keys? Well that's a firs-"

I immediately froze. My eyes widened and for a split second I could've sworn someone punched me in the gut.

Micheal: H-

I shut the door without hesitation. My brain stopped working, and for the first time my mind was completely blank.

I shivered at the sound of knocking.
"G-go away!"
My voice nearly cracked.

Again, he knocked. Real slow.