Chapter 10: Truly Happy

Lungs burnt as every passing tree created a silhouette of shadows and darkness. Each breath made his chest heave up and down. He had to keep running, no, he NEEDED to keep running. Every part of his body was screaming for him to stop. 

“WHERE DID YOU GO!?” 

His blood ran cold as he heard the man's voice. Ringing through his ears, anxiety was climbing his way into his lungs. Breath hitched as he heard the steps growing closer, closer, and closer. 

“ARGH” 

Blood seeped through his clothes as his head was bashed into the cold forest floor. He struggled, clawing at the veiny yet thick hand that was holding him down. Everything seemed to slip through his hands. His life, his friends, his crush, everything he ever cared for seemed to be torn apart from him. Hidden in a murky swamp called fear. 

“You really thought you could run away from me like last time huh? Well you guessed wrong once again.” 

Absolute fear was now filling Sykkuno. The sweet damp smell seemed to disappear. He knew what was going to happen. The same thing that happened when he was smaller. The thought of that happening again made his bones shiver. 

He was hopeless. He was once again a deer in front of a panther. A prey to the predator. He wanted to scream, shout, burn every memory he had. Yet, he couldn’t. His mouth couldn’t open, his eyes filling with tears as his body gave up trying to listen to him. 

“LET GO OF HIM!” 

--

After they seperated with the leaders. The enemy had attacked before they could even reach their base. Everything went South as soon as the enemy attacked from behind. Once they noticed hell broke loose. 

Sleepy Boys Inc. was seen left and right. They were skilled in hand to hand combat. Tubbo and Tommy were the killing duo. Known for killing swiftly and their combat skills. Tubbo knew how to snipe so he mostly stayed behind to let Tommy take care of the hand to hand combat. 

Wilbur and Tecno. Wilbur was the mentor of Tommy and Tubbo but Techno mostly taught them. Wilbur was seen cutting and slicing thoughts of many. Techno was doing that as well but more swiftly, making sure no blood was to stain him. If some blood did end up getting on him he really didn’t mind, even though the voices would grow stronger and stronger as he continued to kill. 

The Dream Team and the rest were also killing left and right. No one was left unoccupied. The snipers went to find the enemy snipers. Every single place you would see was covered by blood. Starting from the weapons to the dead leaves on the floor. 

After some time of having to fight the unexpected guests. They retreated towards the base they were heading to. Dream wanted to go forward but soon noticed that most of the people were pretty injured. George had to stop as well since his wound was kicked by one of the enemies. Yes, it led to Dream going ape shit on the person and his squad. 

“Guys have you seen Sykkuno?” 

Corpse had been searching for Sykkuno as soon as the enemy had retreated. Since then he wasn’t able to find him. 

“N-No where did you last see hi-” 

“WHERE ARE YOU?! YOU LITTLE SHIT?!” 

As soon as he heard the voice, Corpse's eyes widened. Dream was going to stop him but it was too late. Corpse had turned around and began to run towards the direction he heard the voice. The least Dream could do was send some people to help. George however told him not to, it would be better to not since they never knew when they would come back.