Chapter 17: Comforting Silence

"Quackity!!"

Quackity looked up from his dazed walk. There, stood his lover looking at him with worry in his eyes. He softly smiled as he tiredly closed his eyes. He had lost a good amount of blood while fighting for his life, he didn't notice he had collapsed into strong arms.

"He won't be able to harm you guys...not anymore."

A soft whimper rising from his throat as he recalled the memory of his blood stained hands. The memory wasn't the happiest, but at least Quackity could salvage the little bit of happiness and humanity he had left. The last words that were barely manageable from Schlatts mouth had chilled him to the very bone.

He couldn't restrain the soft sobs escaping his mouth, tears wetting the fabric of Sapnaps shirt. Sapnap hugged his sad and vulnerable lover. Quackity didn't care, he just wanted to be held by the two people he so cared about...

"Where's Karl?"

Teary eyes met those of sad and heartache ones. Sapnap didn't know how to tell him.

"Well...he uh-"

Before Sapnap could finish someone shouted Karl's name. Both of them spun their heads to the direction the voice had come from. Soon, soft pitter patter could be heard. The pattering kept getting closer and closer as both of the men sat looking at the entrance of a hallway, as dread and anxiety filled their hearts.

"QUACKITY !!"

In came a tall finely built man. He was wearing a white hospital gown, his sides were wrapped in bandages. Fluffy brown hair sat atop his head as tears fell from his gray eyes.

Karl was running at them. Every step he took seemed to cause him pain, but he still managed to get through it. He was willing to feel pain to see his lover safe and sound. Everything he was going through was worth it, worth seeing the empathetic and worried smiles forming on both men's faces.

"What're you doing ?! You're supposed to be in your bed !"

"Quackity!! What happened, are you alright!?"

Quackity chuckled as he saw Karl searching his body, slightly wincing as he touched his arm. Schlatt had stabbed his shoulder while trying to break his collarbone.

"I'm alright...but are you ?"

Time seemed to stop the moment Quackity asked that question. The glimmer of the moon created a beautiful shade of blue on Karl's pale features. Everything about Karl made their breaths hitch, from his laugh to his eyes.

"Yeah ! I'm fine-"

Before Karl could finish he got pulled towards them. Both of them kissed Karl on the cheek as they hugged him. Karl just accepted their embrace as he sat there between the both of them. This made him feel all warm and fuzzy inside. A goofy smile lit his face up as he spoke.

"Glad we can all still see another day together..."

Small giggles filled the hallway. Everything about this moment made the scenery a little light, but the soon to be news would shatter their souls completely.

---

"Sykkuno, how is he doing ?"

Dream had stopped Sykkuno in his tracks. Dream had his mask in his other hand while holding Sykkuno back with the other. He had stopped Sykkuno multiple times before to ask about George, but Corpse would always be there to tell him off.

"He's doing better than before, Dream. Now, go back to where you are. The second half of the mission is barely beginning."

As Sykkuno finished, Corpse came from behind a corner and signaled for Sykkuno to go towards him.