Chapter 15: Protect

"Sykkuno. Stay near me, alright?"

"Yeah, don't worry."

Techno had told them about Dream's command. It threw them off completely. There was no possible reason for them to stray away from the original plan. Did something happen? Sykkuno was the one more worried and restless than Corpse, he kept fidgeting with his hands as they continued walking to the left wing.

The hallways they had passed were painted with crimson, the smell of iron still heavy. Each inhale seemed to be filled with the smell as they continued walking down the hallways. The area was a secluded area, so far there was no one around that could be trouble. This area was empty but it would still have some type of guards in the vicinity. This remark put Corpse on edge, being more on guard than before due to his teammate being injured.

Of course the wound was stitched up, but it wasn't enough to shake off the fact that he was still hurt. He wasn't supposed to be moving or doing this mission, but here's the thing. He kept insisting and insisting that they take him, he didn't care if he got more hurt. The smallest confidence on not getting hurt was something he deemed cute. However, Corpse was in charge of not letting him get hurt according to Rae, and he quotes "If I see any new scratch on his body I will slice your pinky toe in the middle of the night."

"Sy-"

A loud gunshot was heard from behind him, a thud following suit after. Behind both of them was a person lurking in the shadows, Sykkuno held his gun near Corpse's head but wasn't directed at him. Corpse's eyes were widened but soon turned half lidded as he touched the hand Sykkuno held the gun with. A chuckle escaping his lips as the crimson liquid covered his shoes. Corpse grabbed Sykkunos chin, closing the gap between their faces. Sykkuno's blood lust barely settling somehow let it happen. Corpse gently kissed Sykkuno in the lips to bring him back to earth.

"Next time you do that again I won't be as gentle."

It took him a minute to process what just happened, when he finally did his face turned crimson. Corpse chuckled as he saw Sykkuno unfold below him. He soon grabbed his wrist, continuing to lead the way towards the left wing. A grin and soft blush still on his face after what he did. Poor Sykkuno, he would be blushing for another minute.

----

On the way to try to get to the left wing they had to get their hands dirty. Every time someone would pop up from nowhere, Corpse would gently push Sykkuno to the side and kill the random. It started to piss Sykkuno off on how he was getting treated like some fragile piece of art. They were nearing the place they were asked to be at. A sigh escaped Sykkunos lips as he saw another figure behind Corpse.

*Bang*

Corpse turned around with a spin, the random landing on his shoulder. As he threw the body off him he saw Sykkuno still pointing the gun towards him. Another shot going off as the person behind him fell with a thud. Sykkuno looked pissed as he walked towards Corpse, he was STILL holding his gun towards him. Slowly placing it under Corpse's chin as he looked into his eyes.

"I'm not some Chinese doll Corpse! Let me kill some people as well. Geez!"

The gun still under his chin made Corpse chuckle. Hand reached to grab Sykkunos wrist, tightening the grip, making Sykkuno drop the gun. Sykkuno looked down at the gun then immediately looked back at Corpse to tell him off. He was silenced by the glare he was getting from the other. Eyes pierced through his soul, he tried wiggling out of the grip but it just got tighter. Another hand finding its way around his waist, pressing him onto Corpse's chest.