The house near the lake

"Edward! What are you thinking?" asked Edward's mum happily, looking at Edward. But Edward was still thinking about his old town. Didn't hear what did his mum just said.
"What? Oh- erm- good" answered Edward. Trying to got rid of his memories and looking around for their new house. House was not so big nor small, but  very old. It has just four windows. All of the windows was looking to the lake. And the house was wooden, it wasn't like their old house.Their old town was in London, and it was really modern, but this new house (couldn't say new, it was looking older then the house Edward just leaved.) Lake was looking like pink because of the trees' flowers. There was a house at the other side of the lake. Looking older than Edward's new house But houses were nearly the same, but the difference was its all windows were broken. Edward's mum seems notice Edward is looking to the house at the other side of the lake.
"Oh, don't worry, dear. No one lives there. C'mon lets put your luggage up to your new room!" said Mrs. Davies, trying to carry Edward's luggage to the stairs.
"Right" said Edward quietly, still looking to the house at the other side of the lake. He helped to his mother to carry his luggage. When they went upstairs, Edward saw there was just one room, and he guessed it was Edwards. Room's door was looking as old as the whole house. The door cracked open when Edward touched it.He went inside. His mother after him,
"Dear," said Edward's mum. "I am just putting your luggage near the door and go downstairs for place our stuffs, you just place your room." And she went downstairs. Edward opened his luggage. He took his clothes and other things, he placed them to the room. When he finished,he putted his empty luggage under his new bed.
And he again glanced to his new room. His bed was near the window, some of his stuffs was still on his bed, and he could see the lake from his window. There was a wooden bookshelf near his bed, now full of books that Edward just placed. His wardrobe was near the bookshelf, Edward could see his pants and       t-shirts in it, they were looking untidy (Edward wasn't good at folding as a boy)
He sat on to his bed, looked outside of the window. His view was better than his old room. But scarier too. Lake was looking purple, that was great, but the house (at the other side of the lake ) was looking strange. Edward stood up and went down stairs. His mum was at the kitchen, so she didn't see Edward going out.
His dad was gone, Edward thought he went outside, his dad was liking to be free, he doesn't want to stay at house all day, he always wanted to wander around. So Edward went to the street, hope he could meet with a new friend. Suddenly, he crashed to someone.
"Oh, sorry" said Edward looking to the boy that he just crashed. "No worries" he said, smiling.
"I didn't see you here before, are you new? " he said. "Oh, yeah" said Edward trying to smile too. "Wait a moment! You are the new boy that lives in the house near the lake, aren't you? My mum told me." Edward wasn't sure what to say. He was a little bit confused that how the boy knew he is living at the house near the lake. "Yes" said Edward.
"I am Christopher by the way, Christopher Rogers. But you can call me Chris, like everyone does." the boy said cooly.
" Erm- right, I'm Edward Davies" said Edward he smile too.
"Nice to meet you, Edward. Would you like to travel Appaloosa?"
"Where?"
"Appaloosa!"
"What is that?"
"Blimey! You don't know the name of the town, either, no probs. Appaloosa is the name of our town." said Chris, starting to walk.
"What does Appaloosa means, then?"
"Oh-erm- I do not know, though it's a really old name." said Chris, laughing.
"Right, where are we going?"
"We gonna go to the market first. You will meet with Mr. Charles. Then we could go to cafe, perhaps we could drink something. Thirdly, we could go and see the school, but school is closed now, we could just have a look. We gonna see the cat, Peanut. Bu unfortunately Mrs. Brown is there. She loves children, you know." he said. While there were talking, they already arrived to the market.