Lena's surprise

Knock Knock!
"EDWARD!"
"Ok, mum!"
Edward ran downstairs next day, and he opened the door. He saw Lisa's blue eyes were looking at him.
"Oh, hello, Lisa" said Edward, smiling.
"Hi, wanna-?"
"Ok, coming." Said Edward quickly and he closed the door. He didn't want his mother to embarrass him again. Then he saw Lisa's half surprised half suspicious face and added: "Don't worry, Lena already told me."
"All right" said Lisa. And they set out.
"Why isn't Lena coming too?" Asked Edward.
"Well, after what happened yesterday, she didn't want to be in contact with that suited-man." Said Lena.
"Oh, yeah" said Edward. "Don't ask, he is the most nervous man I ever saw, honestly"
"Yeah, Lena told me too." Said Lena. "But it is normal, is it not? I mean, I don't think it was a good idea to take the letter to laboratory. We already knew the date. It was written at the backside of the letter, remember?"
"Yes" said Edward as they arrived to the bus stop. "I am wondering what is the result of the picture? I mean, we are sure it is an old picture, are we not?"
"Yeah," said Lena. "But I just hope suited-man won't ask a silly question like why did we want to learn the date of the picture."
"Yeah, he could ask. But don't worry, I could find a lie." Said Edward, grinning.
"Yeah, Lena told me, you are good at lying." Said Lena. "Hey! The bus has come!" She added, moving through the bus.
"Where is Lena, by the way?" Asked Edward as he was sitting to an empty seat.
"She is in the library, I suppose" said Lisa. "But not sure, I got an email which tells me the results are ready and I set off without thinking. So I didn't see where she is"
"Yeah, I think she is in the library too. I mean, she is always in the library" said Edward.
Lisa nodded and said "Hey! We are gonna pass the stop we need to go if you don't hurry!"
Edward went downstairs nearly running.
Bam!
Edward looked behind and saw Lisa nearly fall down.
"Oh" said Edward. "Are you OK?"
"Yeah, yeah I think so" said Lisa, she held the railing more tightly.
They walked to the laboratory and this time, Edward opened the door and let Lisa in.
"Thanks" said Lisa she got inside.
Edward saw the black-suited man was sitting there again.
"Is he the man you are talking about?" Muttered  Lisa to Edward's ear.
"Yeah" said Edward.
"Er- hello" said Lisa.
The man looked up at her, then he stared at Edward.
"You again?" He asked, Edward stared at him.
"Er- I am here for examining-"
"And you again?" Said the man, looking at Lisa.
"Beg your pardon?" Said Lisa.
"You were here with that boy yesterday" said the man, pointing at Edward.
"No, no, no" said Lisa. "She was my twin, anyway, I am here for examining-"
"Name?" Asked the man nervously turning the pages.
"Lena Emery Bennett" said Lisa.
"Emery?" Asked Edward quietly, Lisa hit him with her elbow.
"Lena Emery Bennett..." said the man quietly and he stopped at the page.
"Picture, correct?" He asked.
"Yes" said Lisa.
"Well," said the man. "At least you are not here for wasting time this time. I mean to say, this picture is old, really old indeed and-"
"Can we take the results, then?" Asked Edward impatiently, he wasn't here for listening the man's talking.
"Here" said the man, giving the results to Lisa.
"And I am wondering where did you find this-?"
"Bye, thanks" said Edward quickly and he moved to the door.
"Wait, Ed!" Said Lisa, Edward stopped at the door. Lisa turned to the man. "Can we take the photograph too?"
"Yes" said the man, he gave the picture to Lisa.
"And I didn't finish my sentence yet" he added, seeing Edward standing at the door impatiently. "We have noticed" continued the man, his eyes was still on Edward who was dying to went outside. "That this man in the picture is Robert Jones, the founder of the town, Appaloosa. And I want to ask you where did you find that photograph?"
Lisa looked at Edward, looking like if-you-are-good-at-lying.
"Er- we- we are living in Appaloosa and we found it in the street." Said Edward, Lisa looked at him dissatisfied.
"In a street?" Asked the man suspiciously.
"Y-yeah" said Edward awkwardly.
"Let's go, Ed" said Lisa impatiently.
"Yeah, let's go" said Edward, getting out.
They got out. Lisa was still looking dissatisfied.
"You are really good at lying" she said as they were walking to the bus stop. "Really good indeed"
"What?" Said Edward. "Can you find a good lie? He is asking stupid questions. And he is so curious too"
"Well, you could say like your surname is Jones or something." Said Lisa.
"Why did you not say that, then?" Asked Edward.
"Cause he knows my name is Lena Emery Bennett." Said Lisa simply. "It will be really ridiculous if I tell him what your surname is."
"Anyway," said Edward, trying to change the subject. "Emery? I haven't know that."
"It is my grandmother's name" said Lisa. "It means brave and powerful. Well, I can't tell you that my grandmother was brave, though. She was so funky. But she died... She died about a one year ago..."
"Oh" said Edward, confused about what to say. "I feel so sorry..."
"Let's stop talking about my name" said Lisa. "We went to laboratory for test results and we didn't look at it at all."
"Yeah," said Edward, leaning on to read the results. But Lisa suddenly folded the results.
"What the-?"
"Hi, Kathleen!" Said Lisa, putting the results to her pocket.
"Oh, hi!" Said a girl, she was wearing a pink dress, she was quite pretty. She has short brown hair and hazel eyes.
"What are you doing here?" Asked Kathleen, looking surprised.
"We were just wandering around." Lied Lisa.
"Oh, and who is he?" Asked Kathleen, her hazel eyes on Edward.
"He is Edward, my friend. He is new in our town and he will be in the same class as ours in school" said Lisa.
"Hello" said Kathleen, smiling at Edward. "I'm Kathleen Wade, nice to meet you"
"Er- nice to meet you too" said Edward.
"We need to Kathleen," said Lisa. "Cause the bus has come"
Edward saw the red , a typical London bus was coming through them.
"Bye" said Kathleen. "And see you at school!"
"Bye!" Said Lisa, getting into the bus.
"She is nice" said Edward, sitting down.
"Yeah, she is" said Lisa. "But I think she is     so- you know, ornate. I mean, you saw her dress, did you not?"
"Yeah" said Edward. "Let's look at the results, then"
"Oh, yes" said Lisa, getting out the results from her pocket. "I completely forgot." She unfolded the results, Edward looked at it over her shoulder.
Test Results
Lisa Emery Bennett
Examining in the picture tells us that:
The picture has taken in 23rd of April 1964
The people in the picture are Robert Li and Harriet Dorothy Li.
Private and important
Thank you,
C.D Laboratory, London
"Private and important..." said Edward. "What does it means?"
"Probably because of Robert Li" said Lisa simply.

"Guys," said Samantha. "Are you sure the person in the photograph is Robert Li?"
"Sam" said Edward. "We are not saying that. The result does" he showed the results in his hand.
"Look" said Chris. "Why are we stuck on the letter and the picture? Were we not trying to find out the thing in the lake?"
"Yes" said Lisa. "Do you think we need to go and search again?"
Edward turned to Lena for an idea. But for Edward's surprise, Lena laughed.
"What is so funny?" Asked Chris. "Tell us then we could laugh too!"
"All right, come with me, all of you" said Lena, she stood up and got outside. Edward and the others followed her, they were all confused. Lena took them to the lake.
"Well," she said. "I thought you were gonna be kidded by that. But I wasn't thinking you will be on it for months"
"What are you talking about?" Asked Chris.
"I am talking about the girl in the lake." Said Lena. 
"So?"
"I will tell you all of the story" said Lena, looking at the lake. "Firstly, the girl in the lake is not real. It is just a fun idea of Ms Li's and I and John have a finger on that too. Before you came, Ed" she turned to Edward. "My dad told me, you know, cause your family were already registered you to the school. And Ms Li thought we need to make a joke, so that we could have fun and you could learn we are friendly at the same time. Ms Li took stuff from John, he has everything, honestly. Ms Li took this stuff to the middle of the lake by a rowing boat. She hid them to the lake. It was looking like a girl from behind. Then she came back and next day, you had come. You saw that, and you told us all. I could hardly stopped myself laughing, but I am good at role play."
"So do you mean to tell us" said Chris. "That the thing in the lake was just a joke?"
"Yes, It was" said Lena.
"But why did you do that?" Asked Edward.
"The real question is why didn't you tell us that? " asked Lisa. "Especially me! You could have told us except Edward so that we could have fun too!"
"I will answer Ed's question first." Said Lena. "We did that for have fun, like I said. And Lena, I could have told you but I know you are bad at role playing. I didn't tell Samantha because she likes being in adventures. And I didn't tell Chris because I knew you will come to library for searching. And Chris doesn't like reading but with our joke, he liked reading more"
"I still don't like reading" said Chris grimly.
"And the letter?" Asked Edward. "The picture?"
"The letter has written for Ms Li, from her aunt. She was talking about Mr Rodriguez. Remember? "Are you sure? If you are happy, I am ok with that too" She was talking about getting married with Mr Rodriguez. We told Ms Jones to send the letter to the arcanum. And the picture was at Ms Li's house, remember Lisa?"
"Yeah" said Lisa. "Yes, it was on the coffee table !"
"Exactly" said Lena.
"Well" said Edward. "You are good at writing scenario by the way, Lena"
"Thanks" said Lena. "To be honest, I want to be an author one day"
"Cool" said Edward.
"Let's go, then" said Lena moving forward.
"Wait!" Said Chris, Lena stopped dead. "But if Ms Li hid the figure under the lake, then how were we able to see it?"
"Oh" said Lena. "You got the point, Chris. It is because the water level. When water level goes down, you were we able to see the girl in the lake. That's why you were be able to seeing it once a week or so"
"You are like a calculator" said Chris.
"And sometimes an encyclopedia" said Edward.
"Let's go" said Lena, moving forward.
"Er- where?" Asked Samantha.
"For getting ready to the wedding, of course" said Lena.
"Wedding?" Said Edward, surprised. "Do you mean-?"
"Yes" said Lena, smiling. "Ms Li and Mr Rodriguez are getting married!"
"Wow" said Chris. 
Edward let out a low whistle. They all set out to their houses.
"What a summer holiday" said Chris.
"Summer holiday?" Said Edward, confused. "What? It had already finished?"
"Yes" said Chris. "And school is starting, I am wondering what is gonna happen at the school."
"We need to be careful about Lena's jokes, I need to say" said Edward.
"Yeah" said Chris. "Bye"
"See you soon" said Edward, he opened the door.
"Edward, dear" said Mrs Davies from her bedroom. "You are late again! Come on! Get dressed as quickly as you can, if you please!"