16) cheer up → tyunning

current year: 2017

it was currently 1:18 AM in the morning, when the van stopped.

hueningkai realized that the van had come to a stop, as he heard the other trainees getting down from the vehicle. he had fallen asleep because of all the extra training for the monthly evaluation skills.

he slung his bag strap on one of his shoulders and began walking towards the dorm. he was upset with himself about not being able to meet the expectations of the dance and rap part of the monthly evaluation skills. he thought about how slow he was during the parts where he had to speed up a bit, while his rap part was a bit off beat.

"maybe it's because i've gotten less rest...but all the other trainees are also probably not getting adequate rest...maybe the fault is in me...i just have to improve more"

before hueningkai entered the dorm room, soobin stopped by and gave him a pat on the back.

"hyuka, you did great today. i understand that the previous days were a bit hard for you. you're still so young, so i feel how you're feeling. but i wanted to let you know that it's okay to feel this way. we all mistakes, even i had my bad days when my vocals were a bit unstable. but i worked on it and now, they've gotten better than before" soobin comforted hueningkai, as he rubbed his shoulder. hueningkai smiled back towards soobin while holding his hand.

"hyung, thank you for always being here for me"

"no, i should thank you for trying your best all the time and staying so strong all the time"

"strong? hyung-ah, i cry more than anyone in our team" hueningkai replied back, laughing a bit at himself.

"trust me, i'm really not lying. i believe that if you debut in a group someday, you are going to be one of the strongest members within the group. because you understand how everyone is, and you're always ready to be there for people"

hueningkai checked the time to see that it was 1:35 AM already.

"it's late, isn't it? i should go. goodnight hyuka!"

hueningkai hugged soobin and smiled while thanking him for making him feel better.

"goodnight hyung! thank you!"

hueningkai entered in the dorm room that he shared with taehyun. he sat down on the small couch tiredly and sighed for a while. he wondered where taehyun would be because he would either be home before him or he would've been watching a k-drama.

"he might not be home. i'll just go take a shower" hueningkai thought to himself, as he went on to refresh himself.

after finishing up, he went to the dorm bedroom and lied down in the bottom bed. he thought that his day was over, when he heard someone tap him on the shoulder.

"yah, are you sleepy?" taehyun asked.

"what?"

hueningkai got up and followed taehyun to the living room, to see different snacks on the table that taehyun had bought for the upset latter.

"ya taehyun-ah...this..."

"beomgyu hyung messaged me an hour ago, that you looked really upset at practice today. so i decided to buy you some amazing, delicious, late night snacks from the 7-11 store nearby" taehyun said happily.

hueningkai teared up at taehyun's generosity.

taehyun went over to hug hueningkai, as the younger rested his head on taehyun's shoulder. he began to cry and let go of all the stress, anger, anxiety and all those mixed negative emotions.