17) ramen and rainy days → yeongyu

The sky started getting darker and grayer, indicating that it might rain soon.

Soobin had gone to his hometown for a few days, while Taehyun and Hueningkai went to a café together.

"Do you guys have an umbrella? Or a store nearby the café that sells umbrellas?" Yeonjun asked, as he was on the call with Hueningkai.

"No...Ah, hold up...the people working at the café are letting everyone stay inside, so we'll just stay here until the rain stops"

"Oh, that's good. Stay there for now, because it seems like it'll rain a lot" he said, while looking at Beomgyu who was shutting an open window due to the strong wind.

"Yeah, okay"

"Take care. Bye!" he said in a cute voice before hanging up.

"Aish, it seems like it'll rain a lot...Hyung, are Taehyun and Hueningkai alright?" Beomgyu said, before checking all the windows.

"Yeah, they're waiting in the café"

"Ah, I see".

There was an awkward silence between them, before Beomgyu spoke up.

"Hyung, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

Yeonjun looked up and pouted.

"Let's make ramen!" both of them said in unison.

"Yah, you're helping me out as well!" Yeonjun said before Beomgyu could begin his act of aegyo to convince him.

"Ah, okay, okay"

Beomgyu started checking for the ingredients, while Yeonjun went ahead to boil the water to add some of the seasoning packets that were already there in the kitchen.

While Yeonjun started fanning the noodles, Beomgyu 'dried' the bunch of celery by splashing the water droplets on the latter.

"Yah, what are you doing?!"

"Drying the celery and lettuce!" Beomgyu shouted playfully at the same tone.

Yeonjun chased after Beomgyu with a sieve and finally smacked him on his head after two minutes.

"Aish, I'm so hungry"

"Same...Hyung, I'm adding extra cheese to my ramen"

"Add some for mine as well when I'm fully done. I just need to add the noodles to the broth"

"Ah, okayy" Beomgyu said while poking Yeonjun's cheeks and dashing to the kitchen.

"Yah, IT HURTS!" Yeonjun followed along.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

Yeonjun poured half of the ramen into Beomgyu's bowl and the other half into his bowl. Both of them placed the egg on top while adding cheese around the ramen. Before eating, Beomgyu took a photo and posted it on Weverse.

"Thank you for the food!" they said in unison before eating.

After 5 minutes, Yeonjun stopped for a few seconds. "I feel like I'm on cloud nine right now!" he said in bliss, almost crying.

"Daebak...It's really been so long...since I've felt this way" Beomgyu nodded along. "Hyung, the cheese has really melted well enough with the noodles".

"Yeah...the cheese and the vegetables as well...I feel so proud of myself" Yeonjun smiled to himself.

Beomgyu fake coughed before taking another bite.

"Of us...I feel so proud of us!" Yeonjun said looking towards Beomgyu, who smiled back at him. "But honestly though...when was the last time we made ramen together? Wasn't it 2 months ago?"

"It was 3 months ago, but it was the healthier version. We ate together when Soobin hyung got the common cold"

Beomgyu stopped for a while and grabbed a tissue while leaning close to wipe Yeonjun's lips. Their eyes met, as both gave a soft smile to the other.

The sound of a heavy stroke of lightening caused Yeonjun to get scared, while Beomgyu got a bit startled. Yeonjun hid his face over Beomgyu's chest, forgetting the fact that he's hugging him.

"There, there. Don't be scared hyung, it'll stop after a while" Beomgyu said, while patting his back. "I'm here".

After 3 minutes, Yeonjun realized he had been hugging Beomgyu. When Yeonjun tried to sit down, Beomgyu completed the hug.

"Stay like this. It's much warmer" Beomgyu said in a low, deep voice.

"What? Are you trying to flirt with me?"

"No. Next time there's another flash of thunder, you can just cling to me tighter than get me startled like you do"

"I thought you would say something cheesy. Aish, you're so boring" Yeonjun pouted.

"Hyung-ah, if I were boring I would've just wrapped a blanket around you and put some of Hyuka's plushies near you"

After 15 minutes, Yeonjun and Beomgyu kept having their conversation, laughing along to jokes and random stuff that happened, and feeling warm staying beside each other. It started to rain softly, as both enjoyed the company of each other.

It's definitely a warm feeling to have someone close beside you on cold days, because you know that someone is there for you. Yeonjun had Beomgyu and Beomgyu had Yeonjun. Even though they fought, they cared and loved for each other even more. From their trainee days, they stood for each other and eternally will..

.

.

.

.

.

[author's note]

hey guys! (yes, i'm alive) how have you been?

it's been a while. i have been writing this story from the beginning of june because i've FINALLY GRADUATED! I'M OUT OF SCHOOL! <3 i'm both excited and nervous for college though.

back to the point: i'm so so glad that i've finished this story after i've been very lazy lol. + i've seen all of your comments and votes. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 11K VIEWS! i'm acc so surprised to see that number of reads for my book hehe. it makes me so happy to see people reacting to this book and adding it to their libraries. thank you so much guys! all of you out there inspire me to do well in the future. i'll try replying to comments tomorrow since it's midnight now and i'm sick so i need rest.

i hope that all of you are doing great out there. if you aren't, that's okay. it's okay not to be okay <3 waking up in the morning is already such a big accomplishment and people honestly need to realize how amazing it is to be able to do such little tasks. life can get hard, so take it one day at a time. take it little by little. you'll be alright.

bye! take care <3 sending lots of love!!