18) maze in the mirror: beomgyu x txt

"Please don't give up on me"

————-————- ♡ ————-————-

current time: July 2017

Being a k-pop idol is hard.

Many people come to Seoul with the dream of becoming a k-pop idol. More than a thousand people apply and out of that 1000, only 10 young boys and young girls are selected by k-pop agencies. that's a 0.01% chance of selection.

After signing that contract, your life completely changes. Your schedule becomes fully packed with vocal/rap training, dance training, exercise sessions, language classes...and so much more. At that moment, you realize how strong-willed you have to be: both physically and mentally. Alongside, you have to maintain your physical appearance. At that moment, you have to question yourself: "Can I do this? Am I capable enough for this new life?"

And when you find the answer, you either persevere, try, or take the step back. Most people persevere, all try and it's very rare for people to take a step back. "What will happen to my dream? What will I tell my parents? What will be the next step?" are all the questions that will be rising in one's head, especially for those who think of taking the step back.

You have to stand out to debut because there's competition. Competition between idol groups. Competition between agencies. There's competition everywhere.

If you're able to pass different evaluations and make it to the debut team, congratulations. You're a k-pop idol.

Beomgyu-yah, there's a lot that goes into reaching that particular position. But I'll believe in you. If you're determined to do it, go for it. I'll be one of your first fans!

Beomgyu?

Beomgyu?

Beomgyu hyung? 

"Beomgyu Hyung?"

Beomgyu got interrupted from his thoughts by Taehyun, who sat next to him. He blinked thrice before grabbing his towel beside him to wipe off all the sweat.

"Beomgyu hyung, are you okay?" Hueningkai asked worriedly. 

In response, Beomgyu just nodded with a slight smile.

Beomgyu, Soobin, Taehyun, and Hueningkai were sitting in a circle, while Yeonjun was turning on the latest air conditioner that was recently fitted a week ago. When he came back to join the circle, he smiled at all the other trainees sitting around him.

Then, there was an awkward, yet sad silence filled in the room, except for the slight sound of the air conditioner.

"How are you guys doing?" Yeonjun asked with a soft tone.

"Just hanging in there," Soobin and Taehyun said.

"Doing good. Hyung how are you?" Hueningkai asked.

"I'm doing good as well. At least better than before" he said with a smile.

Yeonjun looked at Beomgyu, who looked back at Yeonjun.