*Bonus Chapter* Car Wash

Set in chapters 16-17.

"... I know you're tired and moody, but please try not to take it out on Chase," I say to Jordan as I pull up to the car wash.

"I won't," he says distractedly. I glance over to see that his attention is already fixed on Chase. I roll my eyes.

"I'm going to hold you to that."

"Sure. I'm going to go make sure we're not late, your car's clock is super fast."

"Alright." I glance around as Jordan gets out of the car. I don't think we're late. I don't see any other cars here to be washed, anyways. I don't bother getting out of the car, assuming that Jordan will tell Levi that I brought money to get my parents' car washed.

Sure enough, I'm soon being told to pull into the first lane, so I do that, then turn off the engine and get out of the car. Levi greets me with a brilliant smile. "Hey."

"Hi. When did you get here?"

"Well, I had to set the stuff up, so maybe forty-five minutes ago. How are you doing?"

"Not too bad. Jordan complained less about being tired this morning, so hopefully he won't be too easily pissed off if anything happens." I glance over at him and Chase- just in time to see Chase eyeing Jordan in a manner that looks suspiciously like he's checking him out. Hm.

"I'm glad to hear he got some rest. Chase was surprisingly not moody this morning, too, so..."

We share a smile. Neither of us are willing to say that today might be an easier day, that today they might actually get along. We don't want to jinx it.

And aside from that- it seems highly unlikely that we'd get to the point of actual tolerance this soon. They were enemies not even a week ago. They've been enemies for the past three years. The past few days haven't been a real problem, but it seems more likely to be the calm before the storm than actual progress.

I glance back at the two in question. From my (potentially biased) perspective, it looks a lot like Chase is taunting Jordan. Great. Already?

I try and look at the situation as objectively as I can, trying to determine if I should be closer so I can intervene before Jordan lands a punch in Chase's face. Chase is smirking, which is never a good sign. Jordan's face is red and his posture is defensive.

I look at Levi. He's eyeing them as well, then glances at me. "Just when I was starting to get optimistic."

We both look over again, only to see Jordan pointing in Chase's face accusatorially. Oh no. Oh no, no, no-

"Yeah, let's go," I mutter, and we start towards them at a very rapid walking pace.

"Hey," Levi calls when we get close enough, arms crossed. "You're supposed to be working, not arguing. Do I have to implement a six-feet-away-from-each-other-at-all-times rule?"

Chase is the one to respond, which doesn't actually tell us much since he seemed to be the one antagonizing Jordan. "No. We weren't fighting. We were just having a friendly discussion."

I raise an eyebrow. I don't think they've ever had said a civil greeting to each other, much less have a friendly discussion. "About what?"

Chase glances at Jordan. "Uh... I mentioned how he looks better today and asked if he took a nap. We were talking about that."

I scoff. There's no way that Jordan would have a friendly discussion with Chase about his nap. He was way too rattled after that dream. He'd probably get defensive as soon as Chase brought it up. "Uh, yeah, right, sure. No way."