Chapter 21- Jordan

Giving Chase the silent treatment doesn't seem to be helping me very much.

He doesn't look thrilled about it, which gives me an odd sense of satisfaction after Sunday, but it's not helping my case at all. I want him. Badly. I'm just praying that he comes on to me, and soon. He's been looking at me more, paying more attention to me over the past few days, and by now he's looking like he might pounce on me right in the middle of biology.

He doesn't.

Lunch hour comes around, and we get called to a storage room. The teacher there instructs us that we have to organize it. Which looks like a big task, considering it's kind of an enormous mess. Luckily, we're not expected to get it all done today. Apparently, this storage room is going to become our time-filler task: whenever we don't have something else to work on, we'll be called here to organize it (since apparently, it's a perpetual kind of mess).

Nate and Levi, of course, decide to 'give us some space to work' after about a minute or two of watching us begrudgingly clean. The teacher didn't stick around to begin with. Which means it's just me and Chase in here.

After a minute or so of me continuing to ignore Chase, I hear the soft 'click' of the door closing. I look over at him in surprise. "Why did you do that? We could be locked in here, now."

"We can text Nate and Levi if it locks from the outside," he says dismissively as he comes over to me. I watch him come closer, and closer, and closer, and all I can think is finally.

His hands find my waist, and he gently pushes me against the shelving unit I was working on a moment ago. I force my own hands to stay by my side as I stare up at him.

"Is this okay?" he murmurs quietly as he leans down, his lips just centimetres from mine. I nod, accidentally tilting my face up, and he finally presses his lips to mine.

I arch into him immediately, my arms already around him as I kiss him back. He moves his lips against mine urgently, like he's as desperate as I've been for the past few days. He tugs me closer, tightening his grip on me, and I push my lips against his harder. I want him so badly. So badly.

One of my hands ends up under his shirt, and I explore his back and chest. He takes this as permission for him to do the same, and I'm definitely not complaining as his hands roam my torso. I press closer to him again, just wanting more.

His tongue is in my mouth, and our bodies are pressed together, and our hands are all over each other and our mouths are working against each other at a desperate rate. His hand skims over my behind, and I let out a short growl of pleasure. It's completely accidental, but the effect is immediate and extremely entertaining- he shivers.

I pull away from him, looking at him with fascination. "Did you just shiver?"

This time, I watch it happen, almost in slow motion, though it happens in less than a second: his face turns to stone, and he yanks his hands away from me, jerking back like he's been burned. "No," he spits, like I just accused him of something dirty and criminal.

I stare at him, shocked, as he goes to the opposite side of the storage room and starts cleaning as though nothing happened at all. What the heck?

Only minutes later, the door opens again, and the teacher sticks his head in. "Lunch hour is over, boys. Thank you very much, the room looks better already."

Chase leaves without even glancing at me. I blink, still confused. What happened? All I did was ask him a question, and he acted super offended. What did I do? Does he have some sort of reputation that he never shivers or something? I genuinely have no idea.