Chapter 26- Chase

I pull up to Jordan's house at seven sharp, and he appears before I can even wonder if I should get out of the car and go to the door to knock or if I should just honk (knocking seems like an affectionate, boyfriend-y thing to do, and I'm not quite sure if that'd be good or bad). He closes the front door behind him and moments later is getting into my car. He gives me a little smirk. "Hey."

"Hey. That was fast. Were you waiting for me by the window?"

"Yes." I'm surprised he's admitting to it. "My parents were driving me crazy, I couldn't wait to get out of there." Ah.

I grin and pull away from the curb, starting towards my house. "Don't worry, you don't have to deal with any more parents for the rest of the night. My dad's out late tonight."

"And your mom?"

"Not going to be home either." Ever.

He lets out a sigh of relief. "Sounds like heaven."

I smirk a little. "Not a fan of the 'rents?"

"My parents are a nightmare. They're so overbearing and they'll use any excuse to lecture me."

"Sounds like fun. Do they know you're an adult?"

"Don't think so," he grumbles. "How're yours?"

I choose my words carefully. After this, I'll change the subject. "They're not home all the time, but my dad's really great." I glance over at him. "But you didn't agree to come to my house so we could talk about our parents."

He smirks a little. "Good point. And you promised pizza."

I grin. "That I did. Preferences?"

We spend the rest of the drive on the nice, safe topic of pizza (which won't make me crash due to either thoughts of my horrible mother or the real reason he's coming over, which is almost definitely distracting enough that I could forget to steer). When we finally pull up to my house, he leans over, his eyes intent on mine as I park and turn off the engine.

"I haven't gotten a kiss yet."

It's impossible not to grin as I lean over to connect my lips with his, as usual feeling like I've been set on fire at his touch.

He pulls away after a moment, smirking. "No more until I have pizza."

"You're the one who asked for a kiss, now you're saying it's off limits?"

He shrugs, even though he's still smirking. "Yup. Got a problem?"

I roll my eyes as I get out and pull out my phone to dial the pizza place, listening to it ring a few times as I unlock the door, cradling the phone between my shoulder and ear. Someone picks up just as I'm getting the door open. I place the order as I let Jordan and myself in and close the door behind us, locking it and going to the kitchen to find the dinner money my dad left this morning when I told him I was having a friend over. The person tells me it'll be delivered within half an hour, and I hang up.

"So?" Jordan asks from the living room couch, where he's made himself very comfortable already. I go over to him, smirking a little.

"Here within half an hour. Still not going to let me kiss you until you have pizza?" I ask, dropping onto the couch beside him.

"That's a while, I'm sure you can change my mind in that period of time."

I grin. "Challenge accepted."

I run my hands under his shirt, enjoying the feel of his muscles under my hands until he finally gives in and pulls my lips to his. I crawl on top of him, pressing my mouth into his and groaning a little as his hands find their way under my shirt as well.