Chapter 29- Jordan

I smirk to myself as I slide my arms around Chase from behind, resting my chin on his shoulder. He tenses a little for a moment before relaxing and turning to kiss my forehead. I kiss his cheek, grinning. "We still on for tonight?"

He pauses, biting his bottom lip, then tries to turn to face me. I hug him tighter so he can't, and he gives up. "Yes, but- Jordan, are you sure you want to do this?"

I roll my eyes, though I'm not. I asked Chase to come to my house tonight to meet my parents, since they've been pestering me constantly about meeting the 'friend' I'm spending all my free time with. I haven't decided yet if I want to tell them that he's my boyfriend, or if I'm going to wait and tell them I'm bisexual at a later date. Optimistically, I'd expect my mom to be uncomfortable but overall relatively accepting. My dad...

I have no idea what to expect from my dad. Which means that telling him probably isn't a good idea. Maybe I should tell my mom first and see what she says about telling my dad. Maybe I should wait until I'm at university to tell both of them. Maybe I should move to the other side of the continent and never tell them at all so I don't have to live with the memory of their disappointment and disgust-

"Jordan," Chase says quietly. He's facing me now, my arms still loosely around my waist. "We don't have to do this. We can just go to my house instead."

"Trying to talk me out of it?"

He gives me a look, because I know very well that he's willing to do whatever I want, and he knows I'm avoiding his question. "Jordan."

I sigh, leaning into him. I love being close to him. "I'm fine with it, Chase. Stop worrying."

His fingers run through my hair, his nails dragging along my scalp. My eyes close and I fight the urge to groan a little. I don't think he knows how good it feels when he does that. I force myself to stop thinking about pushing him against the locker behind him and kissing him and focus on the matter at hand. He kisses my temple. "Even if you don't tell them, you're going to be stuck at home until tomorrow."

I make a face. "Gross."

He ignores that. "And I won't be staying over, so your parents will have plenty of time to lecture you regardless of what happens."

"Chase, I know. But they won't be home until late today, so I'll have to deal with them for as little time as possible. And we can make out until they get home."

He gives me a small smirk. "Whatever you say."

I grin, pulling him down to meet my lips.

"You're in front of my locker," Levi says. Chase smirks before leaning down to kiss me heatedly (I don't mind) for a few moments before pulling away and letting Levi access his locker like a nice friend. We're both smirking. Levi sighs.

"Newsflash: you should maybe start thinking about the fact that there's practice today."

"There's afternoon practice everyday for one of us, I don't think we could forget," I say.

"And you're just being a jerk because you wish you were dating Nate," Chase tells Levi, who immediately starts blushing and glaring at him.

"You can shut it. I'm going to practice so I'm not late."

"Sure, that's why," Chase says, smirking as Levi leaves. He turns back to me, tilting my head up and kissing me. "I'll see you after practice?"

"Yup. See you."

He plants one more kiss on my lips before leaving. I wait outside, doing my best not to think about my parents' potential reactions to me coming out. It's harder to predict their reactions to that than to predict their reactions to finding out Chase is my boyfriend (lots of really uncomfortable talks and probably lectures). I can't help but wonder what the heck my dad is going to think of me not being straight. His reaction could be anywhere from a frown and never bringing it up again to possibly throwing me out of the house (I'm relatively certain my mom would be able to talk him down from that, which is the only reason I'm still considering coming out to them).