Chapter 23- Jordan

Ms. Marks looks really, truly, stunned. So do the coaches. She splutters for a moment before asking, "These boys?" 

"Yes. So I told them to redress and go to the principal's office."

Her mouth hangs open for a moment, before dismissing him and turning her gaze back on me and Chase. "You were about to be intimate?"

I look at Chase, who's looking at me. I want to sit on top of him and pick up right where we left off, but I force myself not to think about things like that while in the presence of the principal and our coaches, and instead just nod.

Coach Baines mutters something under her breath that sounds a lot like a single curse word in a shocked tone. Her and Coach Johnson make eye contact, and they both look positively bewildered.

Ms. Marks is still appraising us like she really has no clue what to do with this. "Well."

I swallow and force myself not to look at Chase again, because I really don't need to be thinking about those kinds of things right now.

After another long moment of silence, Ms. Marks says, "Well... I did tell you that I'd take you off the teams if I saw you in my office again, but I was referring more to the idea of you two having an incident or almost-incident. This is... unexpected."

"You think?" Coach Johnson mutters, and Ms. Marks acts like she didn't hear him.

"So... I'm going to make an exception this time."

The words are an enormous relief.

"However, I do expect you both to know the rules around relationships at school, and this is really not acceptable, so you'll both have detention for two weeks whenever you don't have practice."

I slump a little. I just got out of a week of detention- now more?

"And this doesn't mean that I'm not willing to kick you off the teams," she warns. "I'll still kick both of you off the teams if you're here for almost-fighting again. Are we clear?"

"Yes, Ms. Marks," we both recite, and she dismisses us.

As soon as we're out of the principal's office, I let my gaze stray to him. He looks relieved as he loops an arm around my waist and steals a kiss. I grin and steal one back, before shoving him off me and opening the door to the stairwell. "Come on, we're already late to class."

"We could skip."

I roll my eyes. "Not a chance. We've already got two weeks of detention, I don't want to get in trouble again."

He smirks and bumps into me on purpose, pushing me into the wall. I'm about to roll my eyes again, before his lips are on mine. I sigh a little and kiss him back eagerly. His hands are on my hips, pushing me against the wall. I put my arms around his waist, holding him against me. Even though it means I have to tilt my head up more to kiss him- it's really annoying, that he's taller than me.

He finally pulls away (well- from the kiss. His body stays against mine). "We should probably get to class."

"Skipping sounds a lot more appealing now."

"Good to know I can change your mind so easily."

I freeze, and he feels it. He sighs a little as he leans down to peck my lips.

"You can change mine pretty easily, too," he whispers, and I feel like I can breathe again. I move my arms from his waist to his neck and pull him back down to my lips.

"Good," I murmur, and he presses closer to me again.

Of course, the door opens right then, and I jerk back (even though all I really accomplish is hitting my head against the wall I'm pressed up against). Chase moves away from me, though, even though the door opening was above us, so whoever it is can't see us.