Chapter 19- Jordan

I can't stop thinking about the way he was looking at me. It's driving me nuts. And I tried to talk to him about it, to just ask why, but both times Nate interrupted. I get the feeling it might have been intentional, but I can't figure out why. And every time I even try to ask him, he tells me that he has no idea what I'm talking about (he's lying, but even after I point that out, he won't tell me).

I can't think straight for the remaining however many hours of the day. I lose what feels like hours of sleep replaying the feeling of his gaze so intently fixated on me. Like he wanted me. Like he wanted-

"Werewolf," he says in a low tone, making me feel tingly, like the way his intent gaze makes me feel.

"What?" I somehow manage to ask.

"How do you feel?"

I blink, swallow, try to look away but find I can't. "How do I feel?" I repeat, feeling a little weak.

"Yeah," he says, coming closer. "How do you feel?"

"I'm- I'm good," I say nervously, tilting my chin up a little to look at him. He's tall.

He puts an arm around my shoulder- no, around my waist. I let him pull me against him. I like it- being this close to him. I like this. "Just good? Not very descriptive, for the person who's got an endless number of names for me."

I swallow and look up at him- I can't look away. He's looking at me like that, like he wants me.

"Werewolf," he says softly. I wrap my arms around his waist as well, holding myself close to him.

"How do you feel?" I ask quietly, not letting go of him. He runs his fingers under the hem of my shirt, his fingertips gliding over my skin, the feeling making me feel different. Like- like-

"Hot for you," he whispers, his lips against my ear now. "I feel so, so hot for you. I want you, Werewolf. I want you..."

I groan a little, feeling his lips against my earlobe. He nips at it gently, and I press closer to him. I want him, want him, want him, want him so so bad...

I wake up, my entire body flushed with heat and my chest heaving. The chorus of I want him from my dream still runs through my head, and I can't get it out. I throw my covers off, still panting a little, and realize they're damp. I make a face, but I can't say I'm too surprised. I'm so full of want right now, so full of thoughts of him close to me...

I have no idea how I'm going to face him tomorrow.

I don't really get back to sleep, but I don't feel horribly exhausted in the morning. Nate comes over to my house around noon, and immediately picks up on the fact that I'm acting differently. We get to my room, door closed, and he gives me a look. "Don't tell me. Chase."

I nod, swallowing. "I had another dream."

"Same kind?"

I don't respond, and that's enough of an answer for him.

"So... was this one more, or less, or..."

"More," I mumble, and he smirks widely.

"So, explicit."

"Not even," I say, groaning a little. I can't believe it took so little...

"But you still..."

I don't respond again, and that's again enough for him.

"So, are you going to tell him?"

"Are you absolutely insane?"

He shrugs. "Just a thought."