Chapter 9- Jordan

"Reminder for all student council members: there is a meeting today in room 301. Also, will Jordan Wolf and Chase Jackson please report to the student council meeting in room 301. That's Jordan Wolf and Chase Jackson..."

I sigh and resist the urge to bang my head against my locker. I'm exhausted already from morning detention (I swear, this punishment is going to end up costing me sleep more than anything. After waking up early for morning detention today, and yesterday, and the day before that- and then tomorrow and the day after that, all I really want is to sleep for like twelve hours straight. But I won't be able to until Sunday. And even that's not guaranteed.).

"Come on," Nate says sternly as I pout at my locker door.

"I'm tired. I don't want to do any more work."

"I don't care. You're not getting kicked off the team."

I let out a deep sigh, and Nate rolls his eyes before taking me by the wrist and pulling me towards the room where the student council meeting is being held. About halfway there, Levi appears with an exhausted looking Captain of Contempt ('contempt' describes most of our interactions pretty well, I think) in tow.

"Yours is being stubborn too?" Levi asks, and Nate smirks a little.

"I think that band thing yesterday really took a lot out of them."

I scowl at the mention. He's not wrong: the band was going somewhere for some concert or something, and guess who got stuck loading every instrument, music stand, and like half of the other things in the band classroom into the truck? Surprise, surprise.

"That was horrible," the Glowering Menace being practically dragged behind Levi complains. "Why did they even need those stupid blocks? Seriously, that was so unnecessary! And they were so heavy! You'd think Coach wouldn't want to risk me getting injured."

"Stop pouting. Your next job should be less strenuous, if it's any consolation," Levi assures him.

"Not really. Knowing you, you probably assigned us to the job with the biggest workload, like decorations or something."

Levi's smirk isn't too reassuring.

We get to room 301, where the student council meeting is being held. We go inside and the presiding teacher- Dr. Franklin- gives us a small smile. "Hello, boys. We'll start with you, since I'm sure you have somewhere else to be. And, if you don't, you'll probably get called over the PA system in the next ten minutes."

Fair point.

Levi steps to the front and addresses the whole room, though still wearing a slight smirk. "Alright, so, as you all know, I made a few promises in my election speech. One of those promises was another pancake breakfast, this time to help fund raise for our graduation. And since I'm one of those honest politicians who doesn't like to go back on his word- I know, a rare occurrence in this day and age- I've been trying to get it set up. I finally got admin to sign off on a date-" a couple claps and hoots- "I know, right? Anyways, the pancake breakfast is going to be in three weeks, which means we have that much time to get everything set up. Fortunately, we now have a school work-team, which means our jobs just got a whole lot easier."

The Grumbling Goat beside me shoots Levi a glare (which is hard to argue with, honestly) and Levi shoots a smirk right back.

"So all the rest of us really have to do is whatever we actually want to do. We still have access to the pancake grills from last year, fortunately, and I've already had a few volunteer offers, so we should be fine on that front." He goes to a whiteboard and starts writing out tasks. "Alright, so: who wants to do posters?"