BALL (4)

Yona POV

Right know I am definitely going to faint from shock and nervousness from seeing this person here, now I wish I hadn't came to this freaking ball. I starred at him straight to make sure it was him only, yet it was him, I was trying hard to make myself believe that, that was not Richter yet it was him only.

As my eyes were making holes in Richter's  head, I was shaken off my starring contest by none other Beatrix. I turned towards her to find her looking at Me and then at what I was starring at. She had frowned. I just sighed and moved to the nearest table, Beatrix followed me behind.

As I sat, Beatrix spoke, " It seems he is back". I just nodded my head, I was in a state of either in utter shock or surprise.
Before I had asked Beatrix about Richter as I had not seen him around. She had told me that Richter had been jealous from Karl and always and even tried to make a relationship with me, Cordelia actually, to make Karl jealous. He was still on the stage of just flirting with her. Seeing this had angered Karl, through he didn't really gave a shit but when they were flirting in public he had no choice but to take action in front of the nobles.

He had ordered Richter to be sent to the northern part to manage the territory there, he was only allowed to come back after one year and now He is back.

Through the situation was exactly going like how it did in anime, but after my coming it had changed and I will definitely change more of what I have done. Now that Richter was back he will try to make a move on me, and like heck I will let him do?

We both were silently thinking until Beatrix who was in front of me had wide open eyes and then she returned back to normal, and gave off a smile and spoke, "Ah! I remembered I have to go and check on Shuu and Reiji, that's why I have to go".

I spoke with confusion, "Wait what?". With that she hurried off while I was confused, when someone tapped on my shoulder. I turned around to see a hand which came first in my view. My face twisted, is today my unlucky day? Why do this hand keeps coming to me?

Now I definitely understood why Beatrix had to go, she definitely had no problem with Karl but she just didn't wanted to save me. Beatrix, you traitor 😢. I was internally crying. But I had to get rid of this bad omen of a person.

Through I knew whose's this hand was off, but I didn't wanted to agree with it but it was none other than Karl's hand, He had decided to keep giving me his hand today,Why? Ahhh what have I done to you?that I keep getting your hand .

I sighed as I looked up from the hand to the face. He was smiling like a chicken. I spoke, "What is it now?"

He spoke with his vulgar smile,"I came to ask you for a dance, you are the  main person for today's ball, who would I dance with if not you my wife?"

Now I was definitely sure, this guy was trying to make me irritated on purpose. 😡 the word 'wife' disgusted me more, he of all , had never considered Cordelia as his wife yet now he is sprouting such nonsense with his annoying mouth, he spoke so loud cause of that now everyone was looking at us. I am sure he did it on purpose to get everyone's attention so that I can't refuse him. I was definitely lossing my patience but... I have to think with my mind. With that I spoke calmly,"Why don't Lord Karl offer this to Lady Christa?"

With this Karl's expression changed from smiling to frowning. With seeing that, I smiled and continued,"Dear Lady Christa is all alone, you should ask her for dance as her husband". I said as I pointed towards a confused Christa, I winked at her to understand and she took 2 minutes to understand and then nod. I smiled.

Now all was left was for Karl to go to Christa and dance and everything will be perfect and that's what I had thought yet this sly man!!

He spoke with a smirk, "Yes sure, I will do my duty as a husband and dance with Christa after I dance with my wife here". I was happily nodded and then I was hit with a brick when he said 'wife here'. I pointed a finger towards me to confirm this 'wife here'. And he chuckled and nodded. Through I already knew it was me but I wanted to have hope but now I definitely wanted to die right here.