Lady Romane (2)

Yona POV-

As I was too busy thinking I didn't even hear her speak until I heard the sound of the teacup bashing on the glass table. I looked up to find her staring at me.

We stared at each other before she spoke, "Why are you looking for that girl?"

I thought of it before I responded with determination, " She is my friend and I wish to find her. Please tell me where she is or where I can find her?"

As I said that, Lady Romane looked at me before she glanced at her teacup and spoke, "That girl only brings trouble".

Even though she was saying this with a cold expression, her words were supposed to come out harsh, yet they softened at the end. I realized something, that maybe Lady Romane is quite familiar with Anglica.

" Do you know her?" I asked with curiosity as I leaned forward as I sat on the sofa.

Lady Romane chuckled at that as she spoke, "Know her? Haha, I raised her, how would I not know?"

I was shocked at that, like what is going on here? Lady Romane raised Anglican? Well in truth it's not like I would know about this but still, she is Karl's enemy yet Karl chose Angelica.

I asked with hesitation in my voice, "Is she your daughter?" I asked as I looked at her while I fiddled with the hem of my dress.

Lady Romane paused and looked at me as she placed the teacup down. She stared at me before speaking.
"No, she is not my daughter".

"Oh"
I said as I just stared at her, in thought as she leaned back in. She glanced at me before staring at the table before she started speaking.

"She is the daughter of my brother, her father."

My eyes widen at that, I was not expecting that now, Did Karl know this? He must right? Otherwise, how can he allow his child to be carried by an enemy woman? I was so confused now yet she continued.

"My brother was the head of my household, when I married he became the new Lord. He and his wife were very much in love yet they couldn't survive and left their daughter alone".
I listened to her as I took in the information about Angelica, I never knew that she had to live without her parents and nor can I understand the feelings without parents since I always had mine.

They reminded me of my parents, what must they be doing? Was I dead in my world? Or was I in a coma? I can't even imagine what they must be going through however I can understand if anything like that happened to my children. I wondered in thought about my parents as Lady Romane continued on.

"Her uncle took her, to raise however he is not the best uncle one could ask for, that's why she often stayed with me when he was busy."

Now I realise how she raised Anglicia because Anglica was always with her!

I looked in realization as I met her eyes, even though she was wearing an unsympathetic expression, I could see the warmth, hiding in her eyes.

"You loved her", I muttered as I looked at her, at that she gave a small smile before it dimmed down.

Her expression changed from cold to happy and to anger in a second.

"She would had a better life if your husband had not approached her and used her for his own desires". Her expression was grim, anger laced in her voice.

I went silent at that as I could catch sight of her anger towards Karl and come to think of it maybe this also made her enemies with Karl. I pondered over it.

Before I could speak more, I realized that it would be hard to get any information out of her but I had to try for my friend, maybe she might soften if she knew how I wanted to help Angelica!
I felt determined to get it out of her, about Angelica!

Author note:
Dear readers! it's your awful, disappointing author on this side, I am already used to being a bad one so I should apologize to you all again even though I am sure you have had enough of me hehe. So I am sorry for disappearing again see it just happens for some reason anyway I am so sorry my lovelies! ❤️ and Happy New Year! Have a nice year. See you in the next chapter.