Spectre

– K Á R A –

The blood on my dagger hadn't even dried and I was rapidly back on the trail of Thanatos. It didn't even surprise me that it led a direct path to the royal castle. It wouldn't surprise me that Anselle would manipulate any mortal with a slither of power to her ends–even the royals of Vayleron. The hunt for the Three Lions prior was all too sweet...

My hands cracked with power and the sky thundered above me in response. I pulled my drenched hood lower and strode directly up to the main gate. Four pikeman turned from their conversation in the rain and called out to me. I didn't hear their words.

I broke into a run and they cursed, aiming pikes in my direction. I flung myself high over them and landed in roll–running faster. More shouts. More armour clanging in the rain. The next inner wall began closing its iron spiked gate. I let the power sing inside me before calling a bolt of lightning from the sky and sending it exploding into the metal and stone.

It shattered and flung guards to the side as I passed through the smoke and bent metal.

I heard crossbow bolts twang through the air. But there was nothing to distract me from my purpose. I clenched a fist and the incoming projectiles became ash around me–even the rain drops evaporated. 

The scent of familiar power was all too strong leading towards the main walls of the white walled castle. I disarmed another three mortals before picking another fool in tin off his feet entirely and sending him through the door. It broke in a crash of wood and metal.

I sent many of these guards with their royal training and armour aside like they were nothing. In reality they truly were. They were mere time between me and my immortal. I threw an arm out with an emotionless expression under my helmet, the bright white power flew outwards.

More of them fell to the ground under the electricity.

I kicked a grounded sword into my hand and flung it before turning and finally setting sights on the one responsible. She rose before a stone balcony and glared down at the commotion. She froze in disbelief. In complete denial that I was still very much alive from a damandium dagger through the heart.

"Impossible." She whispered, frantically before spinning on her heel and running.

I threw another man aside and danced above on pieces of bright light. My hands became wrapped in it and my eyes took on a new light. It didn't matter what mortals she had fighting for her or whatever royal power she had attained. If I didn't move them aside I cut them down.

She darted through another hallway before rushing to pull the dark energy into her hand and fashion a portal before her as she ran. She was fast. But I was faster.

The moment her foot stepped through it I tackled her around the waste following her right through. We collapsed on a heavy sand dune and rolled down it in sudden stark daylight. She whipped a dark wave of energy back at me and I dismissed it with my own arc of power.

I ripped her from the sand by the collar and sent a sparking ball of energy into her chest.

She flew back into another dune with a cloud of sand on impact. I didn't let up. I rushed her again as she drew my dark relic into her hands. I even smiled as I dropped on her and placed my hand against it. Her own dark look soon melted as she stared at my face. The way the dark energy leaked away from her eyes and drew into me rapidly.

"Thanatos knows true power." I whispered.

I tangled the energy of the dark god with my own of light and sent a fist into her again. She screamed as the power broke her armoured chest and dropped her to the ground. I tossed the black relic to the side and rolled my neck.