Chapter 47

Suddenly, Nirmala entered the den, her jaws full of herbs. She dropped her herbs in shock and rushed over to Fuli when she saw her crying.

"Kion!" She cried like a pitiful cub. "Come back! Please come back!"

"Fuli, dear, what happened?"

"Nirmala?!" Fuli gasped in shock. "Please help me stand up! I gotta go after him! Please!"

[FLASHBACK]

"Ki-Ki!" A young Fuli squeaked as she pounced on her new friend. Her friend, a lion named Kion, responded by trying to push her off of him, but to no avail.

"Fuli! Get offa me!" He protested, trying to wiggle out of her grip.

"Nope!" She giggled while Kion gave a cubish glower.

Then Kion pushed her off of him and tackled her playfully in the tall grass. She let out a squeak as she was pinned down. "Hey!" She giggled. "Get off!"

"Don't plan on it." Kion smirked and giggled.

"Okay then..." Fuli reached out her paws to his belly and started tickling him.

"Hahaha- F-Fuli...haha! Hah! Stop it...!" Kion protested in between laughs.

"Not till ya get off me!" Fuli told him.

"Ha.. Never.. haha!" Kion protested in-between giggles.

Suddenly, they heard rustling in the tall grass. Fuli's ears pricked in alarm and she got off Kion. 

Kion shook himself and tilted his head in confusion. "Fuli? What's going on?" Ever since he had met her, Fuli was always on high alert. She had eventually loosened up a little, but alertness still remained whenever something unknown approached them or showed signs of being nearby.

Fuli ducked her head down in the tall grass and motioned for Kion to do the same. 

The thing that was approaching them got closer, and closer...

Until...

Boom!

The sound of some sort of fruit dropping ringed in their ears. Out of the grass came a familiar honey badger struggling to carry a large green fruit - well, not too large to bigger animals, but large to the tiny cubs.

"Hiya guys! What's going on?" The honey badger asked.

"Oh," Fuli sighed in relief. "Bunga, it's just you." 

"Bunga!" Kion leaped over to him. He saw the fruit that Bunga held in his head. "Waddya got there?"

"It's something that Beshte showed me! He called it... um... uh..." Bunga placed one of his claws on his forehead. "Um... it was something with 'ball'... um...  a Baboa Ball? No, no, that's not right... uh... a Boabe Ball... ugh, no..."

Fuli approached the fruit. "Looks like a baobab fruit to me."

"Oh yeah yeah yeah!" Bunga exclaimed, bouncing up and down in the air for a few moments. "That's what it was! A Baobab Ball!"

"Cool! So.. what do we do with it?" Kion asked curiously.

"Play, duh!" Bunga told him, looking at him like he was silly to not know the answer.

"Oh okay! So... how do we play?"

"Like this!" Bunga rolled the ball away from Kion and ran off. 

He looked at Fuli in confusion. "I think he wants us to chase him..?"

"Probably," Fuli answered. She then smiled fiercely. "And I'm one of the fastest chasers in the Pride Lands!" She dashed off after Bunga. "C'mon Kion! Keep up!" She called out over her shoulder.