Chapter 10

"I will never swear any loyalty to you and your pride!" Kion yelled. The time had come for him to swear his loyalty to the Sun Pride. Kion, being a very stubborn lion, refused. Jua, the white furred lioness, growled at him.

"Oh but you must," she said menacingly. "You have no choice." Kion was surrounded by lions on all sides to prevent him from escaping.

"Never!" Kion yelled once more. "And you can't make me!" He growled. Jua gave him a death glare. "If you don't..." She said. "Let's just assume you won't see the light of day again." Jua snarled at him. Kion growled.

"You'll kill me before you make me swear my loyalty to you," Kion said snarling. Jua curled her lips up in a smile. "Sounds pleasant," Kion heard her mutter. He snarled and growled at the lions surrounding him.

"This is your last chance," Jua warned him. Kion shook his head. "Never. Not on my life," he told her, growling furiously. "Alright then. Lions! Kill!" She shouted as the Pride closed in on Kion. Kion tried to fight back but it didn't work on so many lions. He tried to use the Roar but it came out as another squeak. The lions pinned him down and raked their claws all over his body. Kion screamed in agony. They were interrupted by a dark furred lion running up to them.

"Cheetahs!" He exclaimed. "Two of them spotted in our territory!" "What!?" Jua yelled. "Lions! Stop!" She ordered them and they stopped hurting Kion. He looked at the blood on his fur. Ugh! Is it my destiny to just keep getting hurt on this journey?! Isn't the scar enough?! He thought to himself. Jua shouted again.

"We must go after the cheetahs! Kujisifu! Maana! Mkorofi! Vurugu! You will go with me to capture the cheetahs! Dikteta! You're in charge of the pride while we're gone! Also, we'll take the new lion with us. He'll soon see there's no way out." Most of the lions Jua ordered to go capture the cheetahs raced out of the camp, but Kujisifu stayed behind and forced Kion out of the hills with them. (AN:The lions home/camp is in between five hills, so they refer to their home as "the hills")

The lions ran, with Kujisifu forcing Kion along. When they finally got there, Kion couldn't believe his eyes. It was Fuli next to a younger cheetah cub he didn't know. He ducked down, hiding behind a couple of big rocks. The lions moved in on Fuli and the cheetah cub. "Stay back!" Fuli warned them. The lion then raised his massive paw at Fuli. Fuli then lashed out her claws at the lion. The blood ran down the lions body, but it wasn't like any blood he had seen before. The blood looked almost like... fire?

Kion shook his head to clear it. Fuli and one of the lions were on a one-on-one fight. Kion was shocked as the lion landed a blow on Fuli's head, knocking her out. The lion went in for the death blow. Just before he could Kion jumped in the way. The blow landed on Kion instead of Fuli, and pain seared through his veins. Every bone on his body felt the pain of the hit. The lion narrowed his eyes.

"What a pathetic lion you are! Sacrificing yourself for a cheetah! Those ugly little savages! They think they can actually live anywhere near our territory." Jua said menacingly. Kion tried to get back up, but the lion who fought Fuli wouldn't let him.

"We'll take you and that cheetah," Jua spat the last word out in disgust. "Back to the hills. We will keep you both prisoner. I can tell by this cheetah's markings that she is the daughter of the leader of that group of cheetahs. She looks just like him. They'll do anything to get her back. Which means... they'll hand over their territory to me." Jua then let out an evil laugh. She then turned back to the younger cheetah cub that was with Fuli. Now he was frozen in fear.

"You, little cheetah, go back to your cave and tell Mwepesi that we have his daughter." Jua growled. The cheetah cub disappeared faster then a spooked gazelle as he ran as fast as he could away from Jua. Jua then picked up Fuli and carried her back to the hills. Kujisifu forced Kion along back to the hills. Wait, what? He thought to himself. Fuli's a group leader's daughter? Wouldn't that make her his successor?