Chapter 51

"You're not real. It's not real. It's all gonna be okay." Kion closed his eyes as Jua's laughs echoed throughout the area.

"It's all gonna be okay." Kion tried his best to stop himself from trembling. "I'm gonna be fine."

"No you won't," Jua cackled. "Let me show you something..." 

Kion was then on Pride Rock. He heard screams of agony. Voices rang in his head. "YOU DID THIS!"

He saw his family in agony on the bottom of Pride Rock. He quickly ran down to them, not caring that the sharper rocks were scraping his paws. He silently prayed to the Bright Stars that they were still alive.

When he got closer, he saw they were lying in pools of their own blood. His father growled at him. "You're just like Scar," he snarled when he got there. "You never should have been born. I wish she'd left you to die."

"Wh-what?"

Nala was sobbing and looked at him with tears in her eyes. She didn't speak a word.

"You're such a monster," Kiara growled. "Good we're not even related. I'd be ashamed to call you my brother."

"Wh-what?! Sis, what do you mean?!"

"Don't call me 'sis'," Kiara growled. "You're nothing to me." She growled again and reached out her paw with the little strength she had. Swifter than Kion could react, she quickly unsheathed her claws and swiped him across the cheek. He winced in pain but did nothing. Blood trickled down his face onto the barren ground, along with tears.

"Tears of blood..." A voice echoed, "will be shed..."

Suddenly, he heard voices. Voices he knew, screaming in agony and pain. He gasped in harbor as he saw his friends nearby, wailing in pain.

When he rushed over to them, Fuli growled. "Stay away from us! You caused us, you caused me the most heartbreak and pain ever imaginable! Stay away, I don't want to see you ever again." She glared at him and bared her teeth. "I wish your mother left you to die in all that grief of hers. Or better, I wish you weren't born."

He could hear the cackling of Jua in the background, but he paid no mind.

"F-Fuli?" Kion stuttered, hurt and confused. "Wh-what do you mean?"

Fuli paid no mind to his question. "YOU PROMISED YOU'D FIX MY LEG AND YOU DIDN'T!" Fuli roared. "IT WAS YOUR FAULT I WAS HURT IN THE FIRST PLACE! AND WHAT DO YOU DO?! NOTHING!!!"

Kion flinched. "Fuli I-"

"Enough with your dumb excuses, you cobra-hearted tailhole." The voice of Anga called his attention. She reached out and scratched him on the cheek with her sharp talons. "Now go the frick away."

"Yeah get the Dark Shadows away from us, you tailhole," Bunga said sharply, glaring at him with nothing but disgust and hate in his eyes.

"I wish you were stillborn and died before you could live. It's common thought, really," Ono sneered.

"You're scar is nothing but bad luck," Makini added.

"STOP!" Boomed a voice.

Kion stared at the one who spoke in astonishment. "Q-Queen Janna?..."

"Yes, young one." Janna nodded. She raised her head and glared at Jua who stopped cackling. "Get away from him. You've overstayed your welcome."

"Oh have I, now..." Jua sneered.

"You're making this young one suffer after he has done nothing to you." A fierce growl rumbled in Janna's throat. "You're ruining his life. Or maybe you forgot what life meant all those years ago..."