Chapter Fourteen - Unwelcome

"What'd you mean what the hell am I doing here," Dallas chuckled- this was one of the few times he would be described as ashamed in a way. Standing in front of the friend he abandoned all those years ago, hands buried deep in his pockets like that was going to save him from the situation.

"I mean what the hell are you doing here? You've been gone for years, Dally. And ya just..show up like this? Real classy, pal. And ya dragged Patch into it, too. How much did he have to bribe you to drive his ass down here, girlie," Will asked, not even acknowledging Dallas, turning his head to look down at Doc.

Doc wasn't shocked, at least not overly shocked. She had a suspicion that Will and James wouldn't react kindly, but at least it was just Will. James could be alot harsher than Will, who was softer, like Vinnie.

"Dal didn't bribe me at all- it was my idea to take him here. I thought you guys would want to see me, and him," Doc said, looking up to Will, a bit nervous if he would take her answer well or not.

"I don't care if it was your idea or his - he probably put you up to it anyway. Made ya think it was your idea, not his. Just so he could get away with it. Now get inside." Will stepped aside, keeping the door open for Doc to walk inside. She was a bit apprehensive, but soon stepped inside the apartment. When Dallas tried to step inside, he was greeted by Will standing in front of the doorway, blocking him.

"Hey! I'm just as much of a person as she is! Why do I gotta be treated like shit, eh, Will," Dallas asked in a slightly aggressive tone.

Will tried to shut the door in his face, but was stopped by Dallas putting his foot between the door and the doorway, stopping it from shutting all the way. Doc protested as well, letting out a small shout for Will to just let him in.

"I see how it is, then. Still got that years old grudge? Whatever, Doc, you can stay. I'll be in a motel or something. See ya at the car in the morning," Dallas huffed, stuffing his hands back in his pockets as he stormed away, Will shutting the door finally.

Doc wanted to go back to talk to Dallas, but she was pulled in by Will before she could. He closed the door behind her with a huff, rolling his eyes as he leaned back on the heels of his feet.

"I don't understand why ya brought him," Will sighed out, running a hand through his own hair.

"He's our friend, Will. I thought you'd understand that."

"Was. He was our friend, Patch. Don't ya remember anything? What happened to Vinnie? To us? And ya bring him in after all these years like it's all ok? Have ya bring him in here like he can just show up in our lives? You've lost your mind..Tulsa has done somethin' to you."

It was hard to look Will in the eyes. It felt like if she met his eyes with her own, she'd break down, and Doc had spent too long putting up a harsh front to break down now. So she had to look anywhere else- anywhere at all in the small, dark apartment. Looking at the shelves of dusty photos and books, or the dingy, uncleaned couch that was placed in the middle of the place. None of them were ever good at decorating, and it showed. With the color scheme, to the awful placement of furniture. But it gave her a sense of comfort, better than listening to Will berating her for what felt like hours.

He would let up once he realized she wasn't listening, huffing loudly to emphasize himself. Going over to the lumpy, probably unclean couch, he would plop down.

"You're lucky Jamie isn't home," Will said, looking back at her for just a moment before turning back. It needed background noise, something to play or they would both go insane from the tension. He grabbed the remote stuck between the cushions, turning the television on to a channel he didn't bother paying attention to.