Chapter Eight: I Missed You.

Doc stared at Dallas as he told her the story. She didn't know how to feel, but she knew one thing. Doc still missed her old New York friend, despite one thing.

"Dal," she mumbled, holding her head up to look in his eyes. God she missed him, but she couldn't say it. She couldn't bring herself to, because no matter how much she missed him, she still couldn't forgive him. For leaving them. For not even caring for Vinnie's death, or when they all split up.

"Dallas, I'm sorry. I just. I can't, I can't forgive you Dally," she mumbled. Dally stared, shocked, confused. He didn't know how she would react, but he thought she would react better than that. He had one sense of hope that she'd forgive him, but it was shattered.

"Doll, come on. You gotta be kiddin' me, please." Dally had a tight grip on her wrist, he didn't know what to say, and he didn't want her to leave. He couldn't stand to see her leave, but he wouldn't say it.

"Dally I just can't. You left me, us, and you didn't...you didn't even acknowledge Vinnie. I'm sorry, Dallas. I have to go."

She pulled out of his grasp, and he watched her go. Her hair waved in the early morning wind. She looked perfect, and yet, she was leaving him. Doc looked perfect, even when she was leaving him.

She still missed him, and it tore her to walk away, but how can you forgive a man who leaves you like that? How could she? She didn't know, but she had one hope that Dallas would chase after her. He would turn her around and apologize. Dallas would say he was sorry, and that it was going to all be ok. That it was going to be fine, he'd make it up to her, no matter what.

He never did. He couldn't bring himself to go after her, even though he wanted to.