Chapter Twelve: On The Road Again

(A/N. Real quick, here's a drawing of Doc I made.)

Dallas tapped his fingers on the sink. The tapping almost followed the beat of his heart, slow, steady. He never thought that she would ever let him be apart of the gang again, or any of them would let him be apart of it again. Even so, he nodded, smiling. Doc smiled back. 

"I'm glad," she said, patting him on the back lightly. She left the bathroom, taking her leave to sit on her couch. It was old, a dark brown color, and had many stains on it that were indecipherable to what the cause of them were. Dally followed suit, but before he sat on the couch, he looked at her, slightly disgusted.

"Do you ever clean this shit?" 

"Ay, that's what I got you for, isn't it," Doc chuckled, patting the seat beside her. "Don't be a pussy, most of its food and drinks."

"You said most, what the hell's the other half," he asked, looking down questionably at the stained couch.

"The hell you want it to be? Just sit down. Since when was Dallas Winston afraid of a stained fuckin' couch, huh," Doc chastised, a grin on her face. Dally scoffed, sitting down beside her. 

Doc and Dallas sat in silence. They sat there, just looking off in the distance, comfortable, calm. The only sound being heard was the quiet sound of their breaths, and slight heart beating. It was calm. 

"Hey Dal?" 

He hummed in response, nodding slightly, looking over at her. She was still looking forward, staring. Her brown eyes were full, almost glazed, as she just stared forward, pausing to think of what she was going to ask. 

"You ever wanna go back and see the guys?"

The question made him think. Of course he wanted to see his friends, to which he left years ago, but would they want to see him?

"Do you think they want to see me?"

"Since when the hell did you care, Dal? Do you want to see them or not?" 

Dally nodded, humming once again, his eyes closed.  He did want to see them. 

"Me too, Dal." Doc paused, looking up to the ceiling. Everything was ok, calm, fine. She blinked slowly, then asked something that came to her mind like a rushing train.

"You want to go now? I have the money, we can take the train and get a hotel and everything. We could just go right now." Her voice was like honey. The words came out smooth and silky, calm, like she had thought about leaving for so long. 

"Seriously? You wanna leave right now?" 

She just nodded, looking over at him, leaning back on the couch. 

"You don't have to come if you don't want," she said, still looking over at him. He shook his head, waving a hand in front of him.

"No, I do. Get all your shit together, I'll meet you back here in 30, got it?" 

Dally stood up, sliding his leather jacket which had slid off his shoulder back on. He made his way to the door, pausing before he left, a hand on the doorknob. 

"You better not be getting us into any deep shit, I'll be damned if I get thrown in the cooler cause you're settin' me up." 

Then, he left, just like that. Doc stared at the door for at least 5 minutes, in a daze. She couldn't believe that he actually agreed to come. She snapped out of the trance, her head jerking up from its previous leaning stance. She had to get ready for the trip. Doc had already planned it out, it would take them two days, staying in a hotel on the first, and driving the rest of the way.