Chapter 16

"Ayato honey can I come in?" Eleanor asked
"Yes Mama Ellie" Ayato said
Eleanor went inside and saw a tired Ayato
"Honey did you take any breaks today from studying?" Eleanor asked worriedly stroking Ayato's cheek
"I tried but mother wouldn't let me" Ayato said leaning into Eleanor's touch, "Mama can you stay with me for the night?"
"Of course honey, I already finished tucking in your other brothers, they looked very tired so I put them to sleep early." Eleanor said remembering what happened to Subaru, then suddenly she thought about Kanato, "Ayato does Kanato ever have trouble sleeping now a days?"
"He always says that he has to keep something busy. I think that it started with a "T" but I'm not entirely sure" Ayato answered
"Let's go to my bedroom so that I can change, and you can sleep in because Cordelia would not wake us up" Eleanor said picking up and carrying Ayato

They were in a comfortable silence walking down the hall with Ayato in Eleanor's neck
"Mama why can't mother wake us up?" Ayato asked
"Let's just your father has something to do with it" Eleanor said sheepishly
"How come he doesn't spend time with us?" Ayato asked sadly
"Your father has a hard time communicating, I'm sure he will spend time with you guys soon." Eleanor answered unconfidently

Ayato picked up on how Eleanor answered him but decided to keep quiet. Eleanor opened the bedroom door and layed Ayato on her bed and said, "give me a moment I'm going to change"
Eleanor went into the shower with her night gown in her hand. She layed into the bathtub soaking in the warmness, relaxing instantly. Sometimes Eleanor thinks about how her children could be if they were born into a different life style. And sometimes she thinks about what would happen if she wasn't there for them. Can they live without her? Can they be happy without her? Can they love and raise each other without her? Would she be there to see them grow up? That's a dumb question when she already knows the answer. She looked at her arms. Black veins were starting to form. It's only a matter of time before the darkness consumes her. Can she make the most of it?

Eleanor finished her bath and put on her white silk night gown. Eleanor went back into the bedroom to see a already sleep Ayato. Eleanor chuckled and slipped into the bed covering the blue duvet over each other. Eleanor kissed Ayato's cheek and hugged him falling into a deep slumber.