Chapter 31

"Hey Yuma, how come you are so tall?" Eleanor asked 
"You asked me that over 20 times since you came to this mansion." Yuma complained 
"I want to know your secrets, my sons need your height." Eleanor pleaded 
Yuma sighed and said, "Fine, just eat a lot of fruits and vegetables don't your sons go to the doctor?" 
"Yuma, they were born vampires." Eleanor added 
"Oh, that sucks." Yuma deadpanned 
"So about those vegetables, are they special?" Eleanor asked 
"If they're grown by a master like me then of course they are." Yuma answered confidence radiating from his words 
"They must be really delicious, I've only seen some in the fridge but I haven't tried any yet." Eleanor thought 
"Come on I'll show you them." Yuma said walking outside to the greenhouse
That was fast. I didn't expect him to just up and show me. Eleanor thought.
"Here is my precious greenhouse." Yuma cheered 
"Wow, it's really pretty and has a wide variety of fruit and vegetables." Eleanor acknowledged
"Come in, the tomatoes, cabbage, and strawberries are ready to pick." Yuma said, handing Eleanor a basket, "Just follow me and what I do."

Eleanor admired the amount of hardwork Yuma put into this garden. The vegetables and fruits were shiny with no bruises. 
"Come on, we do not have all day. And be careful with them. I do expect bruises on them." Yuma ordered 
"Got it," Eleanor agreed, "I was wondering where you learn to do gardening?" 
Yuma paused and said, "None of your business." 
"You know I wish that my parents taught me gardening."
"That's pretty weird since you control elements." 
"It is isn't it?"
"You should be glad gardening is dirty you can't let your precious nails get ruined." Yuma said sarcastically 
"I do not mind getting my hands a little dirty." Eleanor inquired 
"That's funny coming from the wife of Karlheinz." Yuma said
"It is isn't it?" Eleanor agreed 
"Can you stop agreeing with every insult I say?!" Yuma yelled
Eleanor jumped in surprised, shocked at his outburst. 
"I'm sorry but what do you want me to say? It would be rude to insult a child." Eleanor said confused 
"Just because I'm a child doesn't mean that I should get a free pass. I know many children would gladly do horrible things just because someone bumped into them." Yuma sneered
How could someone just take the heat? It's annoying and frustrating, Yuma thought. That's how life is, people are mean for no reason so the only thing we can do is fight back.
"Just like the fire.." Yuma muttered 
"Huh what was that?" Eleanor asked 
"Nothing! Just get back to work and forget what I said." Yuma yelled 
Eleanor sighed and moved on to picking the cabbages. "Just like the fire" What did he mean by that? Maybe that's part of his past. I shouldn't bring it up any further, Eleanor thought. 
"You know I'm not always nice. I try to see the best in people but sometimes I can't." Eleamor grimaced when she thought of Cordelia instantly,"But sometimes fighting back does nothing." 
"How can you say that!" Yuma yelled, banging his fist in the ground, "fighting shows that you're not weak and a coward. It shows that you will not back down. How can you not say anything?!" 
"Yuma when you grow up things change. You find people who are ten times stronger than you. It's awful but you have to make the best of it." 
"Bullshit-" 
"Yuma you do not have to agree with what I say but the world outside isn't pretty. To be honest it's awful but we can't start picking fights when we see injustice if it can get us killed." 
"I know what it's like out there, I've been through hell but I still fight!" 
Eleanor's eyes softened and said, "I know and I'm glad." 

Yuma's eyes widened at those words. 
"Not everyone can be as brave as you and speak their mind when they see something wrong. So I'm glad." Eleanor smiled 
"When you said that you weren't always nice what did you mean?" Yuma asked 
"I meant what I said, sometimes you just need to blow off some steam when you hit your limit. And when you hit your limit you black out and do stuff that you're not meant to do." Eleanor answered solemnly 
It finally clicked, that's what she meant when she didn't mind getting her hands dirty. 
"You're a murderer." Yuma said blankly 
"Yeah I am." 
"That's disgusting." 
"I know." 
"Why are you-" 
"I can't erase what I have done, the only thing that I can do is move forward. But I can make up for what I did in some kind of way. Not everyone is perfect, we make mistakes once in a while. It tears us down but what can we do to fix it? Nothing, absolutely nothing. We can either let the guilt consume us or live our lives. I chose to live my life." 
Yuma's eyes softened. He felt that he understood her now. That's why she doesn't like to lose her cool. She doesn't like the blood on her hands. He can relate, He too has so much blood on his hands but haven't made an effort to make it up.
"You know my village died in a fire. It was burnt to ashes. I was forced to live in an orphanage where I was mistreated." Yuma said, "When I escaped with Ruki and the others I didn't hesitate to get blood on my hands. Who am I kidding? It felt good. I feel no guilt or remorse so maybe I'm the monster here." 
"We're all monsters if you think about it.  We have all done something that monsters have done whether its lying or committing murder. But some monsters aren't always monsters. They are labeled as one but they don't like the label. Something always causes a person to go mad, it just takes time. I mean if you're being abused and you kill that abuser is that really worthy of the title monster. I don't think so." 

Yuma has never thought of it that way. He always thought that he was a monster and was going to hell if he ever died. But maybe hell isn't too bad if I can find an amazing monster like Eleanor. Yuma chuckled at his thought.
"I think that were done for the day. I'll put these in the kitchen and wash them for dinner." Eleanor said, "Also I noticed the abundant amount of fruits in here. Try eating some sugar it will satisfy the cravings and even better your a vampire so diabetes shouldn't be a problem."