Chapter 24

It's been 4 days since Karlheinz left and in those 4 days Eleanor has tried to spend as much time as she could with her sons and the 2 founders Carla and Shin because on day 5 it's her time to leave. Day 5 the day Eleanor has been dreading. It's not that she doesn't want to help the 4 children but she has known her children since the day they were born, she has grown attached to them that she can't just up and leave. 

Eleanor stood in front of her bedroom doors, scared at what awaits her when she goes outside them. Day 4 is today, January 27th no it's the 28th. Yeah it's the 28th the day Eleanor has to go. She stepped out of her bedroom and was tackled in a second by her sons. 
"Mama please do not go!" Kanato cried 
"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." Eleanor said patting Kanato's head holding back her tears 
"Do you have to go?" Reiji asked sniffled on her blue kimono 
"Sadly yes." Eleanor said hugging all of the tightly
Eleanor took in her children's features and smiled sweetly at them and said, "Promise me that you all will make sure to remain happy even when I'm gone." 
"I promise." They all said 
"Good I hold you all to that promise." Eleanor said
"It's almost time for me to go" Eleanor said looking at the sun rise 
"I have to go outside for a second please wait for me at the door when I come back okay?" Eleanor said 
"Okay!" 

Eleanor went outside of the manor and into the woods to see Shin and Carla. She met them at their usual spot, the place they met. Eleanor's eyes brightened when she saw Shin's strawberry blonde hair. Wait hair? Eleanor ran towards him tackling him into a hug. 
"You're so pretty!" Eleanor said joyfully
"You haven't even seen my face gorgeous"
Eleanor chuckled at the nickname and pulled away from the hug to get a good look at Shin's face. She cupped his face in her soft hands and said, "You're so pretty, You even have glasses and your eyes are so beautiful it's like the sun." 
"There actually gold but I'll take the sun anytime of the day." Shin said
"You're just as cheeky as I imagined." Eleanor said 
"Ha! Do you hear that Carla? She thinks about me." Shin bragged but quickly stopped by the cold glare he received 

Eleanor let's go of Shin's face and runs towards Carla and gives him a tight hug. 
"Don't worry I think of you to Carla." Eleanor said 
"Like I care." Carla said but hugged Eleanor tighter stopping her airways a little 

Eleanor chuckled strainly and said, "No need to kill me just yet Carla."
"I could try yet you still won't." Carla replied 
"That's true I mean I think I tried to kill you in my wolf form." Shin said throwing his arms around Carla receiving a glare and growl but Shin ignored it and carried on, "Can we try fire next?"
"Fire? I'm part fire you can't fight fire with fire." Eleanor said cheekingly 
"Well Moth-" Shin stopped and quickly turned his head away 
"It's okay you can call me mother I don't mind." Eleanor said 
"Whatever." Shin said flustered 
Eleanor patted his fluffy hair and pulled away from Carla. 
"Do you have to go already?" Carla asked
"yes." Eleanor answered solemnly 
"We will miss you." Shin added 
"I know, a lot of people will miss me but I have to live with it, but promise me to look after my sons while I'm gone please?" Eleanor said, "You do not have to accept but I trust you both the most. Their mothers are not qualified and have me worried, especially the women with purple hair, so please can you both please take care of them?" 
"We promise." They both replied 
"Thank you." Eleanor said and then walked away trying to fight back her tears. 

Shin was tempted to go after her, missing her touch but was pulled back by Carla. 
"Leave her, this is part of her story we cannot disrupt it." Carla said 
"Why do you only see her story?" Shin said frustrated 
"I don't know Shin but I just can." Carla answered dryly, "But I can only see bits and pieces." 
Shin sighed and walked Eleanor's receded figure 

Eleanor arrived at the manor and saw her children crying. 
"Hey it's okay come here." Eleanor said softly kneeling down
They all hugged her tightly. They hated the thought of their mother leaving them. Why? What did they do to get her taken away from them?
"I have to leave now, I promise that I will be watching all of you everyday." Eleanor said 
"How?" Shu shakily asked 
"Everytime you all think of me, I'll be right there." Eleanor said, "J-just think of me" 
"Okay" Her children answered 
"Goodbye my wonderful children" Eleanor said

They all hung on tightly that the maids and butler had to pry them off. The cries of her children and pleads for her to not go will haunt Eleanor forever till the day she dies. She climbed into the carriage and finally broke down. The sounds of horses galloping and people talking blocked out her cries. 

At dusk she was there, standing in front of the mukami manor where her life will change.