Chapter 35

It's the 9th month, the year is coming to an end as much as Eleanor wishes that she was happy she wasn't. Every day she gets closer to the mukamis, it's not a bad thing entirely she just doesn't want to leave them behind just yet not now. But things are changing every time she visits the sakamaki's her sons have stopped waiting at the door for Eleanor around the 8th month. They haven't spoken to her besides a few sentences. She worries a lot she tried to contact Karlheinz to have her have a month with them but he hasn't returned her letter, he hasn't even returned her first letter. 

Eleanor's mind is racing while walking down one of the hallways. She tried to talk to Kanato earlier but all he did was burst out in anger and yell at her. At first she would scold him a little but there was something off. He went from sad to mad in just one second. Maybe a walk outside will give her some time to think and get things for dinner. 
The weather today wasn't the best since it's September but maybe she needs a little rain to clear her head. While Eleanor was checking the tomatoes a certain male walked past her. It was a strong presence that Eleanor could immediately sense. She turned around and saw the man in her dreams, John. 
"Hi" He greeted 
"What are you doing here?" Eleanor asked 
"That's one way to greet a family member." John chuckled, "How about I pay for your groceries and we talk at the cafe next to us?" 
"What are you doing here?" Eleanor asked again harshly
John just walked away to cash her items leaving her dumb founded. Soon after Eleanor followed after him and they left to the cafe next door. 
"What would you like?" John asked 
"I'll just have earl gray tea." Eleanor answered 
"That's unexpected when you were little you would always ask for a hot chocolate." John chuckled, "Hi I would like a earl grey tea and a black coffee."
"Why are you here?" Eleanor asked 
"Let's take a seat and I will answer all of your questions." John said 
They took a seat at the farthest corner of the shop and got settled in before Eleanor started to ask her questions. 
"Why are you here?" Eleanor asked 
"I'm here to warn you." John answered 
"About what, and why did you see me before?" Eleanor desperately asked 
"There's a lot to explain, let's start from the beginning." John said, "There was a lovely couple named Anna and Elijah, Elijah was an Elemental and Anna was a seer. They both loved each other dearly and decided to marry each other. One day they had twins named Elliot and Johnathan. They were identical, the most identical twins I have ever seen." 
"I do not need the life story of people I do not know, just get to the important part" Eleanor ordered 
"Your personality sure has changed. You were so nice to me back then and now well only that one time." John teased 
"Well at that one time I just thought you were an old geezer making conversation." Eleanor shot 
"You know I never said that you didn't know the people I was talking about" John inferred, "You see years later Elliot got married to women named Elizabeth who was infertile but they loved each other anyways. Johnathan also got married with a woman named Misaki and they had a child together named Yua." 
Eleanor's eyes widened in shock; she couldn't believe what she was hearing. The man in front of her was her father?
John ignored her look and continued with the story, "Yua was their pride and joy that even Elizabeth got jealous. One day when Yua was only 1 years old Johnathan got into a serious car accident and died. After that Yua's mother Misaki disappeared. To replace Misaki and Johnathan, Elliot and Elizabeth became Yua's mother and father. They were a happy family until Elliot got a little greedy and wanted too much. He started to go on a rampage and kill every supernatural creature he set his eyes on for what? I have no clue. Elizabeth had no choice but to kill him. After that she tracked down Johnathan. She grabbed him by his ear and scolded him and even kicked his ass but in the end she wanted him to know his daughter. So she introduced him as Uncle John." 
"Why? How are you here? Did you fake your death?" Eleanor asked at the edge of tears 
"Yes I did." John said 
"Why?" Eleanor asked 
"I had to, don't you remember from the story my mother was a seer so I am as well. And my father was Elemental so Elliot became a Elemental as well." John stated, "If he didn't then you wouldn't be an elemental as well as a seer and you would have died. You see I came here because Misaki has returned and she isn't here to hug and kiss you. She is here to kill you."
"Why? I barely know the women." Eleanor asked 
"I told Misaki that I faked my death and told her the reasoning but she was furious. She went crazy and blamed it on you and tried to kill you. Elliot protected you and ran and left to another state with you. But she is back and found you and now she wants you dead." John said 
"She is human, why is she a threat to me?" Eleanor asked confused 
"Your mother is not only a human, not until recently I found out that she was a witch. That's why you only remember happy times with Misaki and rarely with Elizabeth, the woman you consider your mother." John inferred 
"I live in a mansion with vampires and my husband is the vampire king. She doesn't stand a chance." Eleanor exclaimed 
"That's what you think but in reality she isn't an ordinary witch she's a heartfilia witch." 
"They have been dead for centuries, how can she be alive if the werewolves kill them off for using them as sacrifices in their rituals?" 
"That's what I thought but she survived and she's out to kill you. She has already killed so many vampires and werewolves to become stronger." 
"Why are you only warning me now? Why couldn't you warn me earlier?" 
"Because I wanted you to enjoy as much time as possible until I was positive she was after you. She isn't here as yet probably around summer next year according to the future" 
"This is all so crazy." Eleanor said, rubbing her temples, "Why now? I'm almost at the end of my rope. I'm just barely living, why now?" 
"Because you are weakened. Your power is weakening, it's the perfect time to strike." John solemnly said 
"How did I become an Elemental? Maybe there is some clue to stop her." Eleanor asked 
"Elliot offered his life. It was the most valuable thing to him." John said 
"What about our last dying wish, couldn't he have wished for me to be an Elemental?" Eleanor asked 
"It doesn't work that way Eleanor, you know that." John said
"I know... I know" Eleanor choked out, "I-I am just so confused and stressed. I just want to have fun with my sons and husband yet the universe won't allow me to." 
"I'll give you time to think things through. Also this is going to be the last time you see me." John said, getting up, grabbing his things and leaving 2 iron coins on the table, "It's too dangerous for me to be around you. Misaki can track me down which will lead her to you. I just wanted to warn you so that you're prepared as to what is to come."
"You're just gonna up and leave again?" Eleanor asked
"Yeah I am. I will up and leave every time if it means you stay alive. Stay safe kiddo and also do me and favor and remember the story I told you when you were younger about the Brunette and her 12 princes." John said and left 

He just left with those final words. She finally got the answers she was looking for and even more information. Were her sons safe? Is Karl safe? Is anyone safe? Eleanor couldn't help the thoughts that consumed her. She finally got up and grabbed her groceries and walked home. It was drizzling and cold but Eleanor could care less. She opened the door and walked inside to the kitchen, setting down the groceries. Before she could get herself together Kanato entered the kitchen and hugged her tightly. 
"I was worried about you, where were you? Why are you back so late?" Kanato asked angrily
"Sorry sweetie I met up with a friend and lost track of time." Eleanor said putting a smile on her face 
"Your eyes are red and puffy and your smile is not big enough. What happened?" Shu stated walking into the kitchen with Reiji and all of her other sons behind them 
"You're very observational. I'm fine really. Dinner will be done in about 2 hours." Eleanor brushed off 
"No, we're making dinner tonight. I'll peel the potatoes." Reiji ordered, "Ayato you cut the carrots, Laito you cut the green onions, Kanato you make the sauce for the soba noodles, Shu you get the water boiling, and Subaru you set the table. Mama you just sit there and do nothing." 

Eleanor was shocked at first but then relaxed and smiled. Things weren't the same as before but her sons are still here. When the year ends she will make it up to her sons. No matter what she will try her best to rekindle her relationship with her sons but for now things are just fine.