chapter twenty three.

"well, are you going to open it?"

-

it was christmas day at the weasley house, and in usual weasley fashion, it had been a whirlwind of a day. it started with fred shaking amelia awake at exactly 7:00.

"amelia, wake up! mum said we can't do anything until everyone is up!" fred shook amelia's shoulders.

"merlin, fred. what are you, eight years old?" amelia's comment caused fred to huff and stomp out of the room, but he quickly returned to make sure that she was getting up.

for the first time in as long as amelia could remember, she ate a real christmas breakfast. it was the most wonderful spread that she had ever seen — cinnamon rolls, eggs, toast, bacon, sausage, more food than amelia could eat in an entire lifetime.

amelia could hardly remember the rest of the afternoon. she knew that at one point the twins had dragged her into the yard behind the burrow to build a snowman, but the rest was a blur.

before dinner, she found herself soundly asleep in fred's lap on the couch in the family's living room. however, she was abruptly awaken for the second time today by fred.

"hey, love. do you want to go ahead and open your present?" he asked her, brushing a stray hair out of her face.

amelia nodded as fred helped her up from the couch, grabbing her hand, and leading her up the stairs.

"i figured we could open them by ourselves, so it won't be so awkward. you know how mum and dad are." he said as the couple entered fred's bedroom with their presents for each other.

amelia nodded, taking a seat on the hardwood floor next to fred's bed. his room wasn't the largest, between fred, amelia, and their presents, there was hardly any room left.

"i want you to open mine first," fred said, grabbing a large red box from beside him. amelia took a deep breath and stared at the box, holding it in her lap.

-

"well, are you going to open it?" fred rolled his eyes after a moment.

"wait, there's a present inside? i thought my present was the box." amelia gasped sarcastically.

amelia pulled the decorative ribbon off of the lid slowly, then began unwrapping the paper that covered the present. slowly opening the box, the first thing that amelia saw was a sweater.

she slowly pulled out the forrest green colored sweater, unfolding it to reveal the large embroidered "a" printed on the front of it.

amelia could feel tears swell in her eyes.

"mum made you your own sweater, since you're a weasley n-" fred was interrupted by a very excited amelia jumping into his lap and wrapping her arms around his neck. "does this mean you like it?" fred laughed, pulling amelia closer to him and wrapping his arms around her waist.

"i love it, fred." she was holding back tears, overwhelmed at the loving gesture.

"you know, there's more in the box." fred laughed at amelia's reaction to something as simple as a sweater. amelia gave fred a quick peck on the lips before moving back to her original spot and looking into the box.

there was one final gift in the once full box. at first glance, it was a simple picture frame. however, as amelia picked it up, she realized that he picture had started to move. it was a picture of fred and amelia at the yule ball. fred was spinning amelia, and the pair were just smiling and laughing, completely in love.

"fred, i love it." amelia said, admiring the picture. she looked up at fred, kissing him again. "you're the best."

"i love you," he replied, smiling.

"i love you. now, you need to open your present." amelia said, reaching behind her and grabbing the brown box that she had wrapped, containing fred's gift.

the brown box was fairly large and rectangular in shape. fred took it in his hands, taking no time for admiring the wrapping, he quickly tore off the paper to reveal the present.

"amelia-" fred looked at her with wide eyes.

"i thought that you could use it at school to carry your pranks around." amelia explained, gesturing to the gift in fred's hands.

amelia had gotten fred a large brown trunk with leather straps. on the front in large, orange letters read "fred weasley."

"do you like it?" amelia asked, nervously. she had thought about fred's gift for weeks, and she was anxious to see his reaction.

"it's- amazing. thank you, love." he said, pulling amelia back into his lap and placing a gentle kiss on her lips.

however, the moment was quickly interrupted by a very excited george weasley busting into the room.

"FRED! AMELIA! ITS SNOWING GET OUTSIDE COME ON!" george yelled, having no reaction to the awkward situation he had just gotten himself into.

@𝙖𝙢𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙖 𝙝𝙖𝙨 𝙥𝙤𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙖 𝙥𝙝𝙤𝙩𝙤!

𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙮 @𝙛𝙧𝙚𝙙𝙬𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙡𝙚𝙮 𝙖𝙣𝙙 2

𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙮 @𝙛𝙧𝙚𝙙𝙬𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙡𝙚𝙮 𝙖𝙣𝙙 2.5k 𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙨
@𝗮𝗺𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗮 merry christmas from me & my love <3 𝙩𝙖𝙜𝙜𝙚𝙙 @𝙛𝙧𝙚𝙙𝙬𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙡𝙚𝙮

𝙫𝙞𝙚𝙬 𝙖𝙡𝙡 534 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙨
@𝗳𝗿𝗲𝗱𝘄𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗹𝗲𝘆 merry christmas, darling <3
↳ @𝗮𝗺𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗮 i love you!
↳ @𝗳𝗿𝗲𝗱𝘄𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗹𝗲𝘆 love you more >:)

@𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗴𝗲𝗼𝗿𝗴𝗲𝘄𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗹𝗲𝘆 MERRY CHRISTMAS AMS!
↳ @𝗮𝗺𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗮 MERRY CHRISTMSA GEORGIE!

@𝗼𝗸𝗮𝘆𝗱𝗮𝗶𝘀𝘆 merry christmas, beautiful! i miss you!
↳ @𝗮𝗺𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗮 i miss you more!!!!

@𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲𝘆𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗴𝗼𝗼𝗱 sending you two lots of love.
↳ @𝗮𝗺𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗮 love you, luna <3 <3

@𝗻𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴𝗯𝗼𝘁𝘁𝗼𝗺 merry christmas :)
↳ @𝗮𝗺𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗮 merry christmas, nev <3

@𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗮𝗹𝗱𝘄𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗹𝗲𝘆 glad to be spending christmas with you, amelia.
↳ @𝗯𝗼𝘆𝘄𝗵𝗼𝗹𝗶𝘃𝗲𝗱 ron being nice to amelia????
↳ @𝗵𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿 well, that's a first.

@𝗶𝘁𝘀𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗻𝘆 I LOVE YOU!!!
↳ @𝗮𝗺𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗮 I LOVE YOU MORE!!

a/n

omg! thank you for over 2k reads!!!
ur comments make my day, u guys are hilarious fr
i love u guys <3 hope that ur having a wonderful day :)