chapter thirty five.

"i mean merlin, daisy!" amelia had spent the past hour venting to her best friend. after all, she was the only other person who found herself in the same predicament. "we've never had a fight like that before. or at all, really."

"don't worry too much about it, ams." daisy comforted her friend. "you're fred and amelia! you can get through anything." daisy didn't seem to take the news as hard as amelia did. she and george hadn't been together for very long after all.

it had been two days since their fight, and the couple hadn't spoken since. "i hate this." amelia looked daisy in the eyes. "i'm going to go talk to fred."

"do you want me to go with you?" daisy asked as amelia stood up, getting off of daisy's bed.

"no, i'm okay." amelia reassured. "i just have one errand that i need to run first. thank you for everything, really." amelia opened up the door to the girl's dorm.

"of course! let me know how it goes. i love you!"

"love you more!" amelia dashed out of the dorm room, gently closing the door behind her.

-

amelia took a deep breath, her hands visibly shaking as she raised her first to the boy's dorm and began to knock. she couldn't remember the last time she was this nervous to talk to fred.

"who is it?" neville asked as he opened the door for amelia. "oh! hi amelia!"

"hi nev! is fred in?" she asked, peaking around his tall frame.

"uh, yeah! do you want me to give you two some space?" he whispered, looking concerned. their entire friend group knew what had happened at this point. it was kind of hard to hide the fact that the very clingy couple hadn't talked in days.

"if you don't mind." amelia offered a small smile, grateful for neville. he nodded, grabbing his things and heading out of the door.

"good luck," he gave amelia a quick hug before heading to the crowded common room.

amelia held her breath as she took her first steps into the dorm room.

"hey, fred?" she asked, looking around the room. fred sat on his bed, various papers and books spread across his bedding. "it's me. is it okay if i come in?" she asked, nervously awaiting his response.

"hm?" he snapped out of his daydreams and made eye contact with amelia for the first time. "oh, yeah. of course." he said, moving his things and making a place for her to sit on the bed.

amelia sat crossed legged, facing fred as she worked up the courage to speak. "fred, i-"

for the first time in days, she actually laid her eyes on the boy who she so dearly loved. his eyes were red and sunken in, as if he hadn't slept in days. despite his appearance, he still offered amelia a reassuring smile as she began to speak.

"i'm sorry. i didn't mean to freak out i just-" amelia sighed. "i was just worried about you, about us. but i want you to know that no matter what you do, i support you and i will be right by your side the entire time. i understand why you didn't tell me, it just felt like you were trying to keep something from me and i-i just spiraled. and i'm sorry." she blurted out all the thoughts that had occupied her mind over the 48 hours since their last talk.

"i'm sorry too." fred started, his hand tracing circles on amelia's leg. "i should have told you sooner. you have a right to know. i was just afraid that if i left, you would want to like- end things? and i really don't want that. george and i have just been planning, and i've been so busy. i didn't even think about how not telling you would make you feel."

"if you think that you're getting out of this relationship that easily then you're wrong." amelia laughed, a single tear rolling down her cheek.

fred let out a chuckle. "i love you."

"i love you too. oh!" amelia remembered the errand that she had ran prior to this meeting. "i got you something, you know as a graduation but not really gift?" she laughed as she held up a brown, wooden trunk, gently placing it into the arms of her boyfriend. "i hope that you like it."

fred examined the item, carefully flipping it over to reveal the embossing on the front side. it read in large letters, 'weasley and weasley' - the name of the twin's new endeavor, their joke shop.

"i hope that you like it." amelia searched fred's eyes, looking for his reaction.

"i love it." he smiled, grabbing amelia and pulling her into him. "thank you so much, it's amazing. george is going to be so jealous!"

amelia laughed, grateful that she was once again, in the arms of the boy that she loved.

@𝙛𝙧𝙚𝙙𝙬𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙡𝙚𝙮 𝙝𝙖𝙨 𝙥𝙤𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙖 𝙥𝙝𝙤𝙩𝙤!

𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙮 @𝙖𝙢𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙖 𝙖𝙣𝙙 3.1k 𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙨
@𝗳𝗿𝗲𝗱𝘄𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗹𝗲𝘆 best 'graduation' gift from the best girlfriend. x 𝙩𝙖𝙜𝙜𝙚𝙙 @𝙖𝙢𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙖

𝙫𝙞𝙚𝙬 𝙖𝙡𝙡 1.2k 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙨
@𝗮𝗺𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗮 :D :D :D :D
↳ @𝗳𝗿𝗲𝗱𝘄𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗹𝗲𝘆 MWAH

@𝗼𝗸𝗮𝘆𝗱𝗮𝗶𝘀𝘆 thank merlin you two made up, i couldn't take anymore of amelia's angsty bs
↳ @𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗴𝗲𝗼𝗿𝗴𝗲𝘄𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗹𝗲𝘆 trust me, fred was 100x worse
↳ @𝗳𝗿𝗲𝗱𝘄𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗹𝗲𝘆 i was not!

@𝗶𝘁𝘀𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗻𝘆 love love love

@𝗵𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿 happy for you two. x